1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Touch Screen Issues

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by mountainprius1, Jun 1, 2011.

1. mountainprius1

mountainprius1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    2004 Prius here
    I've been having issues with my touch screen where I deal with my audio, a/c and heater, navigation, trip info, etc... The display is functional, but after touching the screen it can be very finicky. Has anyone else had these problems?

If so, what did you do about it? The dealership is telling me ridiculous prices to replace the unit. Is there anyway to send it in to get refurbished, or fixed, in stead of replacing it?

If I do have to buy a new unit all together, where do I go about purchasing? What's the best way to get it installed for cheap?

I've heard/found out that the company that makes the unit is Fujitsu TEN. Does anyone know the model number for the unit though? They're way more helpful than Toyota! They do a FREE inspection if I send in my unit, but they want to know the model number before I send it in. They may or may not be able to help, but they are actually willing to try!

Let me know if anyone can help...

Thanks so much,
    connor

2. mikewithaprius

mikewithaprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  3. Prius/VW guy

Prius/VW guy New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello, I too have the dreaded problem. I took my unit out and sent it to a company in Massachusetts. Still waiting on outcome. Toyota dealer quoted me $4700+ for a new screen. Apparently the problem is with pin 60 solder joint breaking[got this from Priuis post!] You can get model # from Toyota bulletin on problem, but know that the defective units end with the number 080 and the "replacement" units have 081. Thanks for the lead on Fujitsu Ten as I might try them if other company says they can't repair. Will send info on company if you wish......................Eric
    Might send company the files on repairing the screens as they should know. Hope they aren't trying to rip me off, but who knows!!!!!

4. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius