1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Touch-up for the 17" Prius V Rims?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by quantumslip, Aug 12, 2009.

1. quantumslip

quantumslip Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    So I made a right turn out of the McDonalds drive-thru, and I bumped the curb. I knew this wasn't good, and when I got out of the car, I saw that I had already scratched my rims at 500 miles :(. Is there any way I can cheaply paint them/buff it out/etc.? What should I get?

2. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    So much for the rim protector.

I'd like to know this too, as I have a number of bumps/scratches on the Lexus. The other alternative is to wait a couple years (accumulate more scratches) then take them to a professional to get them all done at once. The first time is always the most difficult, then you get used to it and learn to ignore them.

3. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    My experience with past cars is that metallic silver body paint will match the color of the wheels (and my classic silver Prius seems to perfectly match the wheel color), so I'd suggest getting a bottle of classic silver touch up paint from the dealer.