1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Touch Up Paint?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by NorwoodIV, Jul 26, 2006.

1. NorwoodIV

NorwoodIV New Member

441 miles I make it on the odometer before creaming a bunch of debris that fell of a truck hauling junk. You know the kind of truck, that is cartoonishly stacked with everything from matresses to green waste. :angry: GRRR! It's worse than a door dent for a brand new car.

Here's my deal: My new car now has about a dozen 3-5 inch scratches into the metal, and some grooved plastic. It's almost bad enough to take it to a body shop. But, does Toyota sell the touch up pens? If so, has anyone tried one?

My past experience with these is that they will cover the metal which is good, but they don't always match too well, and give an inconsistent finish. That was a Ford product though...

2. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I got a small bottle of touchup paint for about $8 at the dealer. I've used it once and it blended in very well.

3. jburns

jburns Senior Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pale Alien @ Jul 26 2006, 12:48 PM) [snapback]292621[/snapback]</div>
    I got some touch up paint from my dealer. You can choose how you want to use it. There is a brush, pen and a roller.