1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Touring badge options?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by IowaMINI, Mar 15, 2007.

1. IowaMINI

IowaMINI Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    As a proud new owner of an '07 Prius Touring, I notice that the word 'Touring' does not appear on the car anywhere.

To remedy this shortcoming, I've noticed that other mfgrs have put a 'Touring' badge or emblem on their Touring models.

(Before we debate whether this is a shortcoming or not...let's recognize that everyone thinks about their Prius in a different way and may want to emphasize different aspects of their beloved car. I'm an oddball, I know. I traded a Subaru Impreza WRX wagon for my Prius and was tired of the 23mpg the last 6 years. So humor me here.)

What I've found in my research so far are the following options:

<blockquote>2005-2007 Honda Odyssey Touring has the word 'Touring' spelled out in individual chrome letters -- a possibility, but might be too big.
    Late model Chrysler Sebring Touring convertible has 'Touring' in really large individual chrome letters -- probably wouldn't work for my taste.
    2007 (+/-) Chrysler Pacifica Touring has a reasonably sized one-piece 'Touring' badge on the left side of the rear tailgate door. Haven't seen it up close yet but might work -- on my short list of options.
    2007+ (new) Chrysler Sebring Touring sedan also has a smal one-piece badge on the rear right just under the taillight. Again, haven't seen one up close enough to know if it would be right for what I want but also on my shortlist of maybes. </blockquote>

My thought is to place the Touring badge somewhere on the rear of the car -- haven't thought that part all the way thru yet.

So -- any other goofball like me out there done something like this for their Prius Touring? Anyone seen other options that might work as well or better?

Thanks!

2. rik

rik Junior Member

That is a great idea, and I would love to have a badge of some kind on my Touring. When I asked my dealer, disappointedly, why they don't have that, he said it's because the wheels give it away and "everybody can tell anyway". But I still want my badge!

3. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  4. Mr07touring

Mr07touring New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Wasn't there a Miata MX-5 "Touring edition" badge on the rear of those models - rectangular chrome with lettering in script ? It would go well with the " hybrid synergy drive" badge.
    Google came up with a mazda 3 "touring edition" with special badgeing for models in Canda too, but didn't show it.

5. Gadgetdad

Gadgetdad New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(theforce @ Mar 15 2007, 09:42 PM) [snapback]406581[/snapback]</div>
    I like the Avalon Touring badge. Where would it go best?

6. cairo94507

cairo94507 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I am just the opposite. I remove all the badges that are only applied with double stick tape. It makes the car that much easier to maintain, wash, wax, dry, etc. I really do not care ifother people know what I am driving or which model it is. I like the clean (IMO) look of no badges.

7. IowaMINI

IowaMINI Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cairo94507 @ Mar 16 2007, 10:44 AM) [snapback]406769[/snapback]</div>
    Great point. One plan I am considering is to debadge the Hybrid Synergy Drive off the back and put a small Touring badge underneath the Prius badge.

I'm also considering debadging the Hybrid badges from the front fenders -- still mulling that one over.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(theforce @ Mar 15 2007, 11:42 PM) [snapback]406581[/snapback]</div>
    NICE! Great find! The fonts would hopefully be consistent or compatible. Now to see one in real life (or HQ image) to check the size.

Hah! Found one already

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gadgetdad @ Mar 16 2007, 12:37 AM) [snapback]406624[/snapback]</div>
    I think there are several possibilities.

One of my issues is balancing emblem size and location. Personally, I want to see the badge in person to get a good feel as to where it might best fit.

My humble thanks to the contributions so far, and nice to know that I'm not the only goofball interested in the idea.

8. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Picture

[attachmentid=6907]

Attached Files:

9. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    brilliant.. now I know where to get emblems lol.

Send the "HYBRID" side emblems my way if you don't want them :p.

10. cairo94507

cairo94507 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Be careful, the side fender badges might be pinned. I know the rear badges are not.

11. Paul R. Haller

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    As an old Muscle car fan I like badges referring to POWER like 455, Hurst equipped, Ram Air, etc. On ebay last year I found a guy selling HEMI badges for 3 $ each. I bought 3 of them and now have the only Hemi Prius on the planet. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: On my 06 I have Hemi Hybrid on the fenders and Hemi Prius on the rear hatch. I can't tell you how many confused and curious muscle fans ask me about it when I pull into a classic muscle show driving a Hemi Prius. :p
    -Paul R. Haller-

12. Gadgetdad

Gadgetdad New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Paul R. Haller @ Mar 17 2007, 10:04 AM) [snapback]407411[/snapback]</div>
    :lol: I wonder if the ICE actually has the hemispherical design that HEMI is a trademark for? look out though, those trademark police can be mean :unsure:

Lee

13. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cairo94507 @ Mar 16 2007, 10:44 AM) [snapback]406769[/snapback]</div>
    I have an uncle who does this on every car he gets. The result of this is that people are very interested in his car and try to figure out what kind of car he has.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Paul R. Haller @ Mar 17 2007, 12:04 PM) [snapback]407411[/snapback]</div>
    HA! Brilliant!

14. IowaMINI

IowaMINI Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(theforce @ Mar 16 2007, 09:29 PM) [snapback]407142[/snapback]</div>
    This is the one I went and ordered. I actually ordered 3 of them -- one for the rear and one for each front fender to possibly replace the 'Hybrid' badge on the fenders.

Many thanks to 'theforce' for finding the Avalon badge and the link to buy it -- I simply used that link since the price seemed like a good price.

Now the next question that has already been raised -- where should the badge be placed on the rear of the car? I'm first thinking the same location that the Avalon shows above. Have to see how the badge size works out in that area.

15. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IowaMINI @ Mar 18 2007, 02:12 PM) [snapback]407911[/snapback]</div>
    Be sure to post pictures when you get them installed! :D

16. MacDude

MacDude Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    How about:
    [​IMG]

:lol:

BTW- I'm on the debadging track. Probably do this later this week. But if I did get the Touring badge, the Avalon one looks sweet.

17. Manksgloob

Manksgloob Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cairo94507 @ Mar 17 2007, 08:36 AM) [snapback]407398[/snapback]</div>
    No worries, they are not.

18. cairo94507

cairo94507 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Manksgloob @ Mar 23 2007, 12:51 PM) [snapback]410978[/snapback]</div>
    Good to know.

19. subarutoo

subarutoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gadgetdad @ Mar 17 2007, 10:28 AM) [snapback]407429[/snapback]</div>
    Almost every modern car made today uses HEMIspherical combustion chambers, even my Subarus, and the Prius. All it means is that the spark plug is at the center of the top of the chamber, and with todays modern 4-valve engines, almost always the case. Chrysler wasn't the first to make one, but they are the first to make a big deal of marketing it. The HEMI was actually outlawed by NASCAR in the 70's, but lives on in dragsters, Subarus, Prius, and oh yeah, some Chrysler products. Your HEMI badge is entirely appropriate. B)

20. JaviNOS

JaviNOS Mod Freak

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    the avalon touring looks sweet! if i only had the touring version :(

or I could just go ahead and stick it anyway haha :lol: