1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

touring edition rear spoiler

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by freshley, Oct 31, 2007.

1. freshley

freshley New Member

Does anyone know where I can get the rear spoiler from a touring edition and add it to a base? I assume it's just a couple of screws and switch them out. I would prefer a new one.

2. apriusfan

apriusfan New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(freshley @ Oct 31 2007, 10:22 AM) [snapback]532992[/snapback]</div>
    If you want a new one, then the dealer is your only choice. Realistically, unless you can find a Touring edition that has been totaled from a wreck where the front of the car took the impact, you are looking at a dealer as the source for a Touring edition rear spoiler.

3. firepa63

firepa63 Former Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Why do you want to do that? You won't gain anything, and probably no one will even notice it.

4. apriusfan

apriusfan New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(firepa63 @ Oct 31 2007, 12:34 PM) [snapback]533062[/snapback]</div>
    But freshley will know it....

5. siliconhybrid

siliconhybrid Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(apriusfan @ Oct 31 2007, 03:05 PM) [snapback]533077[/snapback]</div>

two things I can clearly notice the difference between Touring vs non-Touring:
    - longer spoiler on tourings
    - those smaller tires with the 'squary' looking wheel (noticeable while the car is moving) on non-tourings.

6. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(freshley @ 2007 10 31 10:22) [snapback]532992[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah, that and a couple of bills, but it's certainly been done. As suggested, most dealers should be able to get you a spanking new colour-matched one, or you might try a salvage yard. Or even ebay.

7. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Can anyone measure their touring spoiler please, so I can see how much bigger it is than the standard spoiler on my Australian Prius? The distance from the glass to the back of the spoiler on top in the middle please.

I'd like a longer spoiler to give the Prius a longer look making it appear longer and lower. I'm considering a front spoiler for the same reason but it has to look genuine not like the scrappy garbage some kids screw onto their ricer cars.

8. Green Hokie

Green Hokie Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(patsparks @ Nov 2 2007, 08:54 PM) [snapback]534163[/snapback]</div>
    I measure exactly 7-3/4"

9. blamy

blamy Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    My standard model measures a whopping 6 1/4 inch. You will get an inch and a half of spoiler. Did you price the new spoiler from Toyota?

10. patsparks

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Not yet, I may not be able to get one here in Australia as the touring edition never came out here.

That inch and a half will make a big difference to the visual length of the car. Another inch and a half on the front spoiler will mean an extra 3 inches total length to the eye although it will most likely not make any difference to the actual length because the bumper sticks out more but the eye is drawn toward spoilers for some reason I think.

11. rigormortis

rigormortis Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    maybe ken@japan can chime in.

i thought i saw a website like one of those toyota performance parts places where you can get the made in japan spoilers mail order

i thought there was more then 2 different type of spoilers available
    on the www

12. patsparks

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a man in Japan looking for one for me from a wreck, that is if they came out with the big spoiler in Japan. He is coming back on the 20th so he has a while to look and all he does is scan wrecking yards.

13. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You know, I just bought a set of Touring wheels secondhand from the local Toyota dealer (of all places), off of a brand new wrecked car, so it *is* possible (if not always likely) to find that part you're looking for.

Not a half hour ago, I was dropping some things off to a secondhand store in town, and there was a white Touring prius (mine is a non-Touring but as I said, I've added the wheels and lowered it, etc.) parallel parked right in front of mine...and I've found myself pining for that Touring spoiler, too...

...that is, until I took these pictures. I never really looked at it that closely before, but there's something about the shape of the spoiler, specifically the top and how there's a bit of a crease molded into it, which actually didn't appeal to me...and I was totally expecting the opposite to happen!!

Go figure. Just MHO, of course.
    :)

I'll post those pics soon, if anyone would like to see.

As a sidebar, I think I might have made my car look a bit racier than I was intending it to be.

14. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  15. blamy

blamy Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TheForce @ Nov 5 2007, 03:08 PM) [snapback]535035[/snapback]</div>
    AAArrrrrggg! How much denerio? What is the cost of that spoiler and how much to have it painted?

16. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(freshley @ Oct 31 2007, 10:22 AM) [snapback]532992[/snapback]</div>
    www.sigmaautomotive.com

and then go to the Prius page (just look for the PRIUS link in the frame)