1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Touring Edition?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by eseerc, May 9, 2012.

1. eseerc

eseerc Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    After reading here about what makes up a touring edition, I went to check on my newly purchased 07 Prius. Mine has what appears to be a red and white stripe as identifiers. Could possibly this be a touring model with the pink stripe fading to white? Are there any other ways to determine if my Prius is a touring model?

2. cnschult

cnschult Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    larger (meaning longer) spoiler, 16" wheels & tires, although the wheels & tires can be added to a non-touring model, as well as the spoiler, buying those things separately is not worth the expense so if you have those you probably have a touring.

you should park next to a prius with 15" wheels to see the difference in spoiler length (should be about 2-3"). If I lived down south I would prefer the touring edition as I could run those tires yearround but here in the north I like the non touring as i like to put winter tires on the stock wheels and buy nice 17" wheels for the summer.

you can also call your dealer with your VIN and they can tell you which model and how the car was originally spec'd OEM, anything else the car has would have been added later.