1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Touring Suspension

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by RichL, May 2, 2008.

1. RichL

RichL New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    If I bought a regular Prius and decided later to do some suspension mods what would it take ( equipment & cost ) to bring it up to Touring specs. Here in CA the Touring is only available with the #6 - $4176 option package. You can buy a whole lot of suspension mods for that kind of money... LOL

I figure shocks, tires, engine cross brace??? What else???

2. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I can't answer, except to say that you'll probably get a better response if you ask over in the "Mods" forum.

3. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Rich,

I think, but am not 100% certain, that the following are the suspension parts on the Touring that differ from the Standard Prius (note these Touring parts cost about $400):

FRONT: Touring Stabilizer Bar

REAR: Touring Stabilizer Bar, Shocks & Springs

Here's the thread researched and started by BerkshirePrius on the topic:

http://priuschat.com/forums/prius-main-forum/41925-touring-suspension-parts-research.html

Then of course, you'd have to add wider (195mm thread) tires. I wouldn't bother changing the size of the wheels to the Touring's 16" size --- way too expensive.

Alternatively, there are the TRD Sportivo Struts/Shocks and Springs which cost about $1100 for the parts; are said to result in a stiffer ride than the Touring suspension; and lower the car a little less than an inch (which a lot of people do not want).

Good luck.

4. RichL

RichL New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Thanks Tom.... Appreciate the info...