1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Touring tire replacement help

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by fmvs, Jun 14, 2008.

1. fmvs

fmvs New Member

22K on the Bridgestone Turanzas and they are slicks (about what you‘d expect from a tire with a 260 tread wear rating). I decided on the Michelin X-Radial but Sam’s says no way--they can only mount “V†or high performance tires on the Touring. I was told their legal department won’t allow them any leeway.

What tires would be recommended in the 195/55R16 size? I’d like better wear and handling, but I don’t want to make a big sacrifice in the fuel economy. Thanks in advance. Jeff

2. lefat1

lefat1 Fat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    i dont think theres much choice. the michelin pilot primacy is the oem tire for touring in japan. i also hear there are some 205's that will fit. guess i'll see what others say, but i'm only at 8k now.

3. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi fmvs,

The big problem is finding replacement tires in the Touring's OEM size of 195/55/16. Other than Run-Flats, there just aren't too many available in that size.

Some Touring owners end up getting replacement tires in the 205/55/16 size because of the greater variety of tires available in that size.

You might want to check out these two threads:

http://priuschat.com/forums/prius-modifications/37637-touring-edition-tire-upgrade.html

http://priuschat.com/forums/care-ma.../46732-what-tires-touring-edition-wheels.html

I think if I were a Touring or Touring wheels owner and wanted to stay with the OEM 195/55/16 size, I would try the Falken Ziex ze 912 as misslexi did.

Good luck.