1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Touring with Package 6 ??

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Ronald56, Jun 13, 2007.

1. Ronald56

Ronald56 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Even though the brochure indicates you can buy a Touring with package 6 (nav and leather), my dealer is telling me I can't get it in my part of the country (Long Island, NY). Any ideas about this. I really want a Touring. I am willing to get a Package 5 as my dealer will install the leather seats. - Ron

2. westex39

westex39 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ronald56 @ Jun 13 2007, 12:32 AM) [snapback]460680[/snapback]</div>
    I read that package #6 in the touring are hard to come by. Only about 7 % of the Priuses are in this configuration. I was lucky enough to get one, only because I was at the dealership trying to buy a Prius and they had just gotten this one in fresh of the hauler. It was still in the make ready department.
    Priuses are really selling here. The day I bought mine, there were about 15 to 20 others on the lot. Two of them sold while I was there and another one was being looked at seriously. I went back a week later and all but 3 were sold. They only have one left now.

3. desertbriez

desertbriez New Member

i thought i wanted a touring (package 6).... since it seems to be the car to gat... however, then i drove one....

have you actually been able to find a touring and drive one? please do! and drive both a touring and non-touring one after the other....

i had driven a non touring.... when we got to the dealership to actually buy my car.... they had both... we drove the touring first.... the very first thought in my head was "what a crummy ride this is!" but didn't say anything at that point.....

then we drove the non touring.... THEN both hubby and i agreed the touring was an icky ride... rough... felt EVERY SINGLE little bump in the road... no way would i want to ride in that car for an hour much less hours!!!!!!!

granted i liked the wheels on the touring much better (they would have been AWESOME on my mag grey)....

but otherwise... with my "base" model package 6 i got everything else that the touring has (minus the better wheels) without the crummy ride!

4. RexChu

RexChu New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ronald56 @ Jun 13 2007, 12:32 AM) [snapback]460680[/snapback]</div>
    There is alot of truth to this, I have a Barcelona Red Touring #6 and took a city wide search to track down 2! (I live in Houston, 6 Toyota dealerships). Even checked with my contact at Gulf States Toyota (the wholesaler) and they had none in stock and very few coming over (she said "Why don't you get a Camry Hybrid, I'll give you the same price as a Prius!).

One dealership tried to take a #5, swap out leather seats and sell it with the standard non-leather steering wheel.

Hang in there, you can order one, but it will take 4-6 weeks to get in. It's the the wait IMHO.

5. GoEco

GoEco Red Prii Rule

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    In my area you could ONLY get a touring with package 6. Odd how Toyota does things.

6. alexilic

alexilic Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(desertbriez @ Jun 13 2007, 01:21 PM) [snapback]461000[/snapback]</div>
    I drove both, and was really impressed by the handling or the touring. One thing I know after owning 25+ cars in my life, is the suspension like other moving parts do "break in" They are always a little stiffer the first couple of thousand. I'm already feeling mine "settle in". My neighbor who has the standard prius was really impressed this past weekend when I took an off ramp at a "spirited" pace :lol: He really liked the way the car stuck the turn..

My .02

7. bradbunnin

bradbunnin New Member

To each her own, and de gustibus non disputandum est! We just found (with some searching) a Touring model with Package #6 in driftwood pearl, exactly what my wife wanted. Well, she wanted the color; I wanted the Touring model. And it's true that the ride is a bit harder than the base model. The tradeoff is handling. You'll understand why that mattered to me when I tell you that I drive a 1997 BMW M3.

So far, we (including I) love the Prius. It's no BMW, but it offers sufficient good things to satisfy us. We've driven it in town, we've driven it from Berkeley to Los Angeles and return, we've plugged in the iPod, we've loaded the trunk, we've taken friends to the movies—and we are very, very happy.

Our only slightly negative comments have to do with mileage. We knew that we wouldn't achieve EPA mpg, but because we live at the top of a long hill, we can watch the mileage diminish as we progress uphill. Going downhill doesn't make up for the consumption on the way up. A neighbor with a similar Prius has the same experience.

Toyota's clean slate approach really paid off in this car.

Brad
    2007 Touring

8. ATOM_SF

ATOM_SF Junior Member

I just purchased today my Touring with Package 6. :D :D :D In San Francisco they are very hard to come by. Most dealers are now saying that you'll need to wait until the 2008 model before you'll see one. I got lucky and got exactly what I wanted. I called/emailed over 7 dealers around Northern California and only found one in Silver Pine Mica. Aside from that, there was only 3 others around ... and none of the dealers would negotiate on price.