1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toy ota False Advertisement?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by inlandempire, Jan 14, 2007.

1. inlandempire

inlandempire New Member

What is the status of the integrated Sirius Radio for the 2007 Prius? Toyota lists the Sirus radio as an accessory on their website: http://www.toyota.com/prius/accessories.html

How can they advertise a product that they don't install or have in stock?

2. Capemayal

Capemayal Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(inlandempire @ Jan 14 2007, 01:56 AM) [snapback]375429[/snapback]</div>
    I'm having mine installed this Thursday, January 25, 2007.

3. BethlehemPrius

BethlehemPrius New Member

Not sure either about this one, I just bought my Prius about two weeks ago. Salesman checked with parts which told him only XM :-(

Now today I just talked to the service manager who informed me that they do offer Sirius. What I am guessing is that the parts manual states only XM and they actual install another kit from another type of toyota.

I called toyota customer care today due to my unhappyness of not having Sirius and finding this out, and also due to what I consider poor reception with the XM unit. So I am waiting to find out what their resolution is going to be...I would be happy to get a refund and give their unit back, and purchase one from the place in DC.

4. Capemayal

Capemayal Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chriswessner @ Jan 20 2007, 08:25 PM) [snapback]378439[/snapback]</div>
    Well, I had factory sirius in my Dodge Grand Caravan - and it worked excellent. The only problem I had, was I sometimes lost reception, for a few seconds, when going under thick tree cover, or a longer than normal tunnel.

I rarely listen to "terrestrial" radio - only when necessary.

I let you know how it goes. The dealer is giving me a loaner for overnight, as I'm getting window etching and Lojack put in at the same time.

Al