1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

TOY-SC1 with SCVDOC1

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Prius978, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Prius978

Prius978 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Question: For SAT Radio, does the TOY-SC1 with SCVDOC1 work in the 2010 Prius II for off-the-shelf Sirius radios.

Answer: Yes

If you had a lifetime Sirius membership, you felt the frustration of only having the XM option on Toyota's. XM and Sirius are the same company, but the radios aren't interoperable or the packages.

You can use the AUX plus, but the wiring and channel changing are annoying. I added the TOY-SC1 the SAT adapter for the 2010 Prius II radio package with the SCVDOC1 to mate my Sirius Starmate.

I paid the dealer ~$100 to add the TOY SC1. The TOYSC1 is mounted behind the dash with the extra cable placed in the glove compartment. I ran the sat antennae from the hatch along the edge to glove compartment fairly cleanly.

Overall: The Starmate now sits in the glove compartment, I gained an extra power plug [power comes through the Sat cable from the radio] and now I use my steering wheel buttons for tuning. I don't like the limited characters, but overall I'm very happy with the upgrade. Plus I can use the Starmate in my other cars when ever I need to too.