1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyo Announces PROXES Ne Eco Car Exclusive Tires

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by redlinedrift, Dec 11, 2008.

1. redlinedrift

redlinedrift New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Toyo just made this announcement in Japan, they are now making an exclusive tire for environmentally friendly cars (the 3 sizes available seem to target prius specifically), I wonder how long before this becomes a more wide spread trend?

JDM Tuning News - Toyo PROXES Ne Eco Car Exclusive Tires

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I wonder if Toyota will use these in the new Prius. They've been branching out again. They used to use Michelins exclusively, now I'm starting to see Bridgestone tyres again (The Camry had Dunlops on the base models at one point)

3. biff44

biff44 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I do not think new TIRES are an acceptable place to put recycled materials! People's lives depend on these things to not blow out, and prius air pressures are higher than normal.

I am all for grinding up tires for roadbeds, etc. Just keep them out of life critical applications!

4. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Agreed. Unfortunately Toyota does not agree with you or they would not have put GY Integrity's on my 07. Worlds worst tire.

5. brick

brick Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    This statement is silly. You have made the assumption that recycled materials are inherently sub-standard, which is not necessarily the case.

6. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    What is missing is any identification as a 'low rolling resistance' tire. This lack of universal tire rolling resistance is IMHO, consumer hostile. I don't care what the tire is made of as long as we have real specifications including rolling resistance.

Bob Wilson

7. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Agree with that. How is a person supposed to make an informed decision if some of the pertinent characteristics are either missing or not set to a common measurement/standard?

8. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Having been through the ordeal of finding tyres for my Prius I agree, there is a need for a numeric system of rating rolling resistance even if it is an index allowing comparison of same size tyres in different brands and styles.