1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyo Proxes T1R

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by derh2o, Nov 25, 2008.

1. derh2o

derh2o Junior Member

Has anyone had experience with these tires? How many miles did you get out of them?

2. jorgeez

jorgeez New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I am using Toyo Proxes T1R on my other ride (a Honda Civic), performance and traction is good. The tires are just over a year now but it still has some 60-70% tread on it. But I don't really use that car as my daily driver. hope this helps

3. deanstevenson

deanstevenson Junior Member

They are quite popular with the Miata crowd as they sell in a size that fits the stock Miata wheels and offer good wet/dry performance with little noise. They offer up a good compromise between performance and ride quality. However, their weak point is longevity. Typically one gives up longevity for better, short term performance. If you really push your car around corners, then you may indeed benefit from a high performance summer tire such as the T1R. I get between 15k-20k miles out of mine on a 1996 Miata.

One thing you didn't mention is where you live or where you plan on using these tires. If you live where temperatures regularly dip below 40 degrees Fahrenheit and you plan to use these tires year round, you should consider a different tire. If you have to drive in snow or ice, I'd consider a summer tire for half the year and a snow tire for the other half. If you don't see too much snow/ice but you still have colder weather, I'd go with a competent all season tire. There are a lot of good choices for all season tires. I like the Falken lineup since they offer a good value on a quiet tire that lasts for a decent mileage.

4. iraqiswhack

iraqiswhack New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    my personal advice is to go with a dedicated summer and winter tire. My setup was either factory wheels with kumho ecsta MXs or O.Z. wheels with Goodyear Eagle F1 gs3s for summer, and right now for winter its another set of factory wheels with Dunlop Wintersport M3s.