1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota 24 Month Free Maintenance - Quick Lane Stories?

Discussion in 'Prime Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Michael Wood, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Michael Wood

Michael Wood Active Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    When I bought my 2015 Prius it included 24 months / 24k miles maintenance. My local dealer had a "Quick Lane" service center next door and they used "Quick Lane" to do all the 24 month maintenance. It seemed ok since it's just oil, and filter changes, and tire rotations. However, I would have been more comfortable to have Toyota technicians looking at my Prius, and possibly spotting something amiss.

"Quick Lane" was ok but in the second year they tried to up-sell me on unnecessary services - small things like air filters that had already been changed, and a wheel alignment that ABSOLUTELY did not need to be done. No big deal, I guess you have to expect that.....but I hate that crap.

With my new 2020 Prime, I think I'm just going to spring for my own Mobil 1 Full Synthetic and factory filters, and do my own rotations. That way I can get used to the car, and avoid them over-torquing things. But it is super convenient to drive in and out in 30-40 minutes

I'd be interested in hearing if other owners have used Quick Lane and what experiences others have had. Thanks!

bisco likes this.
  2. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    My local dealers have no "Quick Lane" service. The nearest dealer is a 1-hour drive away, so I always make an appointment on Sat morning and do other things in town while I am waiting. They have a free shuttle for customers waiting. I have used a total of 4 years, 10 services of Toyota Care (2015 Gen3 and 2017 Prime), but now with my 2020 Prime, I may not be needing any service for a full year. It's been over 6 months since the purchase, but I just went over 2K miles.

Michael Wood likes this.
  3. Prim.e.xample

Prim.e.xample Active Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Personally I would take advantage of the TC with your new car. Are there other dealerships in your area that might not use this Quick Lane service? I'm always willing to wait as my closest dealership is an hour away. I just schedule it around lunchtime and then get takeout Mexican. :)

Michael Wood and Salamander_King like this.
  4. vvillovv

vvillovv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    with out 17 we didn't get wheel rotated until our last free service. Like you said no biggy, but!
    B aware that the TPMS sensor locations need to be reprogrammed or the TPMS light will stay on, again no biggy unless stuff like that bugs ya.

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    quick lane is no different than in the service bays. they just move the same monkees into a separate area.
    trained mechs don't change oil, filters, rotate tires etc.

at some point though (check your manual) they should be inspecting a number of things carefully for safety, like brakes.
    but even that gets passed oof because there's no money in it, unless they can convince you something is wrong after it's out of warranty.
    i take the free service, but check the oil level before driving away.
    then i never go back to the dealer except for warranty work, or something the local mech or i can't figure out.

Michael Wood, vvillovv and Pulse07 like this.