1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota All Season Mats vs. Weathertech Digital Fit Mats

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by toyolover, Dec 23, 2009.

1. toyolover

toyolover Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    After waiting for over a month for the Weathertech Digital Fit mats, it finally arrived this morning. The Toyota original All Season set isn't bad because it has carpet top with rubber backing but with the road salt we use in the Great White North, the salt will stain the carpet. Salt also accumulates a lot under the gas pedal area too. The Weathertech one covers almost every inch of the floor. The rear one also covers the hump between the two rear passengers. It is important especially if you have three people sitting at the back in winter time. It is kind of expensive (CAD200+) but I think it is worth it in the long run. Pictures below for those who consider to purchase it in the future.

Attached Files:

3 people like this.
  2. maledyris

maledyris New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I ordered mine on Nov 17th, so also over a month. I guess that means mine will be here soon too! I was starting to wonder... Glad to hear you like them. I also think it's worth it. We don't get the snow you guys do, but they still salt everything to get rid of the ice, and it also gets pretty muddy here.

3. Philosophe

Philosophe 2010 Prius owner

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Also took 4-5 weeks for mine (front and back, already have the trunk mat from Toyota that seems to be made by WeatherTech too). I have had them for a week. I'm pretty satisfied, even with the relatively high pricing.

My only concern is with the amount of water that they will retain. The sides are low on part of them (near the gas door opener is an exemple) and by their design I don't think much water will stay put while driving. My hope is that by being fully open/without deep valley paterns, the water should evaporate quickly enough (with the collaboration of the driver/passengers not to bring too much snow each time they enter the car), especially with the Prius in ECO mode, which uses the heater lower vents most of the time. If not, I guess I'll have to keep a rag handy, something I would like to avoid!

Winter is still young (2 days now!): Time will tell.

4. toyolover

toyolover Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    My order confirmation was on Nov 4 so yours should not be too far behind. I called them once every week for the past 4 weeks. I'd suggest you to do the same.

1 person likes this.
  5. Philosophe

Philosophe 2010 Prius owner

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Coincidence? Mine where shipped the day I ask what was going on with my order. They arrived 1-2 days after.