1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota Announces 2006 Prius Prices

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Tempus, Nov 4, 2005.

1. Tempus

Tempus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Toyota Announces Prices for 2006 Prius Hybrid

Press Release Source: Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A., Inc.
    Friday November 4, 3:00 pm ET

TORRANCE, Calif., Nov. 4 /PRNewswire/ -- Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc., announced manufacturer's suggested retail prices (MSRP) today for the 2006 Prius hybrid sedan.

The base MSRP for the 2006 Prius will be $21,725, an increase of $450, or 2.1 percent. The price will take effect when the 2006 Prius goes on sale in mid-November.

2. geologyrox

geologyrox New Member

eeek! i actually just saw a 'woooohoooo' post that i really hoped was a prices announcement. i was disappointed and then came here!

3. Maytrix

Maytrix Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Is this a feature of the system itself or the DVD software? I wonder if we can get the same features in our 05's with a new NAV DVD??

4. Kiloran

Kiloran New Member

No option prices in article.

Also, Toyota site still has only 2005 MY. :(

5. Tomel

Tomel New Member

Right ... can't find anything on options and IMHO those are the most important prices given the addition of the rear camera on a lot of packages. I kind of expected the base to go up several hundred, so the new info is just ho-hum.

6. galaxies1973

galaxies1973 New Member

Yeah, but it's progress!!! :D Today the base price, tomorrow the world! :p

Michelle

7. Tomel

Tomel New Member

Anybody notice mention of the addition of a "front lip spoiler". This is new info to me. Could this have been done to address the stability/handling problems that have been mentioned in various threads?

8. MBranstein

MBranstein New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I didn't see these in any of the pictures, but perhaps the website will be updated over the weekend!

Finally!

9. Kiloran

Kiloran New Member

EPA MPG is unchanged...

10. MBranstein

MBranstein New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I would venture to say that you could get the same functionality with the updated software unless the MFD is somehow enhanced with better resolution or different hardware altogether.

11. piseas

piseas New Member

I was suppossed to get a call today to buy my 2005 Prius. But after reading re new 2006, I am going to wait. I just hope I can get the carpool stickers. :rolleyes:

12. nottagasguzzler

nottagasguzzler New Member

I'm on the wait list for an 06 salsa red. My dealer provided package pricing for #5 as $3,205, for #7 - $5,730, and for the full pck 8 I'm looking at $6,890. So If I save a few bucks and don't get the NAV system, will I regret it down the road? As a middle aged person, the backup camera is appealing but how much high tech does one really benefit from?

13. FIESTA

FIESTA New Member

Which dealer in Seattle provided this information? The downtown dealer has no information on 2006 option prices or package availability. Are #, #7 & #8 the Northwest regions choices?

14. minime

minime New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Sorry, no Salsa Red for '06 - it's Barcelona Red

15. DeborahinSeattle

DeborahinSeattle New Member

I too would like to know which dealers in Seattle know ANYTHING solid about the 2006s. I'm supposedly on the waitlist at Toyota of Seattle and Burien Toyota and I'm leary of how laid back and clueless the dealers seem to be. Makes me wonder if I'll ever really get a car.... I'm not wanting one until January though, but still.....

16. Mojo40

Mojo40 New Member

Hey Debora

Consider Bob Bridge Toyota in Renton. I ordered my 05 in August and got it by the end of Sept. They treated me well. They do MSRP, but you wait.

17. PNO 2NR

PNO 2NR New Member

It's good to hear you had good luck with them. I ordered from them on October 3, and have gotten little positive response to my inquiries since then. I'm beginning to wonder if I should check around elsewhere.

18. PNO 2NR

PNO 2NR New Member

Well, speak of the devil, my salesman just called to tell me 2005 production has stopped and 2006 has started :rolleyes:. Thanks to PriusChat I had the 2006 Packages printed and sitting here on my desk and was able to update my order. (Black, pkg. 6)