1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota Asking for a "premium" $2.500 in Hycams

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Jay105000, Jul 28, 2006.

1. Jay105000

Jay105000 New Member

Seems like ambition go out of bounds in Toyota. We requested a "quote" for a new Camry Hybrid and this is what we got....Incredible!!!! :angry:

Jay,

We are currently asking a premium on the Camry Hybrid which is going for $2,500.00 over MSRP. The MRSP on the particular Camry you are requesting is $28,675(+2,500.00) according to Toyota.com. This include the addition option you requested. The Nav and the Moonroof. If you have a budget, I would recommend getting the base Hybrid which is going for $26,535.00 plus the premium. Or just go with the regular gas Camry.

Thank you,

David Nguyen
    Toyota of Plano
    Mobile:504-813-9972

2. wstander

wstander New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jay105000 @ Jul 28 2006, 04:44 PM) [snapback]294047[/snapback]</div>

Texas is a BIG place; I would guess there are other, more reasonable dealers besides Mr. Nguyen :)

3. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

That premium is not a Toyota premium! it's a PLANO TOYOTA premium. Big difference, can you read Ripoff Dealer.

4. Starfall

Starfall New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wstander @ Jul 28 2006, 06:52 PM) [snapback]294048[/snapback]</div>
    Ditto that.

Check around.

Who gets the $2,500 premium? Most assuredly NOT you. And, hey, this is the END of the model year. In a month or two your Prius will be, what, a year (*not* a month) old. The minute you drive it off the lot it loses value but a heck of a lot more value if you if it's a 2006 when the 2007's hit the road.

To repeat, I'm with wstander, check around.

5. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    :D The dealer here where I just bought my Prius is not charging any such "preimum"... What a RIP OFF !!! We ought to spam email that guy and advertise his misdealings!!! That's what is truly the BAD side of salesmen.

6. Tempus

Tempus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    My dealer is quoting an ADM (Additional Dealer Markup) of $2500 on loaded HyCams, but they have base HyCams sitting on the lot unmoving.

It seems everyone wants the top of the line :)

They also have a coupon for an additional $500 off on any model except HyCams that you can apply to their "Internet Price". I haven't gotten an Internet Quote on a Prius, but I'm sure there's wiggle room in there, particularly on the lower packages.

Our Region apparently gets 3,6,7,8

The 7s and 8s move immediately but the 3s and 6s seem to sit.

They have 6 White #6s all in a row right now.

Also, it varies by area of the country. Oddly enough, hybrids do well in Texas. You might want to check out some neighboring states.

7. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Spend your car dollars elsewhere.

Period.

8. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    :eek: Plano Toyota has a bad reputation not only for demanding "premiuns," but also for poor service. While I doubt that Toyota of Richardson would do better on the purchase, I can recommend Richardson Toyota for very good hybrid service. Seems like a visit or call to Richardson Toyota would be worth a few minutes.

For ~$2,500, seems a plane ride out of state and a drive home would be worth considering. Mickey Hagar at Richardson Toyota (Asst.Svc.Manager) is very well qualified on servicing hybrids and their shop does excellent work at fair prices. They use my oil (brought in to avoid over-filling) and inflate my tires to my specifications.

PM me if you want more information.

9. grasshopper

grasshopper Member

I have found that the smaller towns are friendly and very happy to steal business from the big dealers in the city.
    I hope it works for you too.

10. jberry

jberry New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(grasshopper @ Jul 31 2006, 10:44 AM) [snapback]295105[/snapback]</div>
    Hello all, While my new Prius is not here yet I seem to be getting VERY good service from Metroplex Toyota in Duncanville Tx. They have been very helpfull and even appear to be a little below MSRP. I did quite an extensive search throughout Texas. I was quoted everything from only $1000 over MSRP because I was an internet customer to this quote. In addition, most dealers were trying to push the #8 package. This is obviously a greater profit for them. Metroplex did not and are selling me only the features we want. It sounds like our new car will be in Houston in the next week or two.

11. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

You could always go spend your saturday driving every new car on the lot, discussing price, opening the hood, another trip around town.

Waste the salesman's whole day putting miles on new cars before leaving empty handed.

12. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Frank Hudon @ Jul 28 2006, 07:10 PM) [snapback]294059[/snapback]</div>
    Ditto.

I first tried to test drive a Prius at San Diego Toyota. They didn't have one to buy but had one to test drive. Highest package of course. The internet sales manager handed me over to a regular salesman. I never actually got to drive it because the salesman insisted I hand over my driver's license for them to take it in the office. I gave him a photocopy. He insisted on the original. I walked. He actually ran after me saying it wasn't necessary. I gestured to him.

I went to Kearny Mesa Toyota who couldn't care less about my license as long as it wasn't suspended. I test drove. I bought. Internet Sales Manager is Howard Sheehy. Really great guy.

A few weeks later the interenet sales manager from San Diego Toyota e-mails me that he has a car on the lot. I e-mailed him back:

"Thank you for your offer, but I bought a car from Kearny Mesa Toyota. They did not insist I hand over my driver's license to them.

You work on commission...right?

Pity."

13. ralphbongo

ralphbongo New Member

Daytona Toyota in Daytona Beach Fl. has done the same thing with Prius. Thats why I went 20 miles west to Deland Toyota. Got what I wanted at $500. below list and a GREAT trade in. BTW Daytona wanted $5K more for any of the Prius in stock or not. Told them they were #1 :p