1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota Banner Sales Event on Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by stevecaz, Jun 1, 2008.

1. stevecaz

stevecaz New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    This morning during Good Morning America I saw a Toyota commercial by the New England Toyota Dealers Association - The Toyota Banner Sales event until June 2. The first car listed was the Prius with "up to" $2000 saving on certain option packages. Fine print I saw was from $600 to $2000 savings depending on package. Almost certainly the $2k is off the fully loaded Touring.

The Prius has a very long wait everywhere, and is selling for MSRP yet they are advertising a sales event. Has anyone talked to a dealer about this? Unfortunately talking to a person on a weekend at my dealer about my order is impossible as they are so busy. I'll have to call tomorrow morning.

To me this says they might have a bunch of versions that entered/are entering NE that are less popular - like better equipped Touring models.
    Or the commercial was ordered 5 months ago and someone forgot to cancel or change the spot.

2. bac

bac Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    There is really NO savings.

They are stating that if you COULD buy all the options one at a time, it would cost you $2k more than with the "option package" they offer. This, of course means nothing because you CANNOT buy options that way!

It's pure marketing, and there is no actual savings.

... Brad

3. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    There probably aren't any actual cars on the lot.

4. hiremichaelreid

hiremichaelreid New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    I
    If there's is no real savings or no actual cars available at that price (MSRP - savings), wouldn't that constitute "untruthful advertising" ?

And couldn't they be charged or sued if they are using "untruthful advertising" ?

5. freke70

freke70 Salesman

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    the EVP savings were introduced last summer, and are reflected on the window sticker. they are legitimate, permanent, price reductions....of course, the price of the base has been increased a few times since the savings came out.

6. bac

bac Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Since you CANNOT buy the Prius any other way now ... it's really not a savings. It's marketing.

... Brad

7. bac

bac Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Of course they lie, and wouldn't it be great if we the people could call them on it? Not gonna happen though.

... Brad