1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota Canada Posts Strong December Sales to Push Sales Past 200,000 for the Year

Discussion in 'Toyota Hybrids and EVs' started by drash, Jan 12, 2023.

1. drash

drash Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Strong December and Q4 Push Toyota Canada Past 200,000 Sales in 2022 | Toyota Canada

Sales were still down for the year from 2021 by 12.1% and Lexus sales were down 3.4% from 2021. The good news is that December sales were up a lot from December 2021 with Toyota gaining 8.4%. Canadians must have had a heck of December to Remember for Lexus as they were up 35.6% from December 2021. Must have been a lot of red bows flying around? ;):LOL:

Electrified sales represented 24.0% of total sales for Toyota and a whopping 39.1% for Lexus for the 2022. (y)

On a side note this is the most data I've gotten from Toyota Canada in a loooong time. Here's some record setters:
    • Toyota RAV4 (55,921 units – best-selling non-pick-up-truck in Canada)
    • Toyota Corolla (33,096 units – best-selling car in Canada)
    • Lexus NX Hybrid (4,701 units – annual record)
    • Lexus RX Hybrid (1,822 units – annual record)
    • Toyota Corolla Cross (9,263 units in its first full year of sales)
    • Toyota Tundra (11,561 units – second best year ever)

Tideland Prius likes this.
  2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    There's absolutely nothing new on the Toyota dealership lots 'round here. Maybe everything's spoken for by the time it gets to dealearships? Who knows.

3. drash

drash Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Must be an East coast thing but here everything is almost back to normal. Local Toyota Dealers have inventory and one even has 4 bZ4Xs on the parking lot. About the only thing not on the lot are the normal hybrids, like RAV4 Hybrid, Camry Hybrid, Corolla Hybrid and Venza. Surprisingly there are a lot of Prius Primes (2022 NOT 2023) on the lot. Maybe everybody heard about the new 2023 Primes. :D

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  4. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I was humming "I'm in a New York state of mind" the other day, but other'n that, I'm West coast.

drash likes this.
  5. mikefocke

mikefocke Prius v Three 2012, Avalon 2011

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    My DIL just had to abandon her quest in Raleigh for another Toyota hybrid (Rav4) in favor of a used Ford hybrid.

Every Canadian posting on Rav4forum saying they are looking for a Rav4 hybrid is seemingly told at least a year wait with the plug in version estimated to be a 4 year wait. Especially frustrating when the potential customer may live 10 miles from a Canadian plant that produces them and they are shipping to the US.

6. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The launch of the NX probably helped those sales. Plus I saw an ad recently stating there were 20 (!!) new 2023 RX models on the lot. I haven't driven by to verify that claim but 20 units of the same Lexus model is a lot in Canada.

7. drash

drash Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    From what I read on other forums the NXh and RXh are about the only hybrids you can get in Canada, but you have to pay a premium for them over the RAV4 Hybrid or Venza. Between those and the UXh Lexus may have sold more than the RAV4 Hybrid or the Venza but I have no hard data. Only 24% sold by Toyota were electrified, but that was more than likely an availability issue.

Tideland Prius likes this.