1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota-Certified Eggs?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Anonymous, Jul 25, 2005.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can normally knock off a novel in a couple of long evenings, but it took me four days of free time to slug through my new owner's manual. Half the manual consists of warnings so dire that it's a wonder anyone is willing to get behind the wheel. I'm surprised car manufacturers' lawyers are even letting them sell cars anymore.

The bottom line of the warnings is that our cars are equipped with the very latest in automotive technology designed to save our lives, which might kill us.

But here's my favorite warning, regarding the auxiliary battery:

So now I finally figured out what to store in the hidden compartment on the left of the trunk. Makes sense that it's across from the battery. Does anyone know of a retailer that sells a foam insert to safely carry raw eggs? What's the best source for a 12V griddle (if I throw in some flour, I'd have all the ingredients for pancakes)? If I use aftermarket groceries, will it void my warranty?

2. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    You have to keep in mind that the manual specifically calls for RAW eggs. Unfortunately, after a few hot days you might end up with hard-boiled eggs not to mention curdled milk. So what you're going to have to is install mini-fridge in the rear, there to hold the cold goods.

If that becomes too complicated, there is another option:
    Don't drink the electrolyte!

Now, of course, I'm going to have to go through the manual looking for something similarly funny.
    Thanks for the smile, hybrideyes.

4. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I think I'm going to sue Toyota for advising that I eat raw eggs without prompting me to press an "I Agree" button on the touch screen every time I start the car.

Nate

5. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Let's see, Nater, perhaps it would go something like this:

"If you accidentally swallow electrolyte, drink a large quantity of water or milk. Follow with milk of magnesia, beaten raw egg or vegetable oil. Then go immediately for emergency help." [OK]

"Raw eggs may contain bacterias to which some individuals may have negative reactions" [OK]

Of course, regardless of the buttonyou pressed to get this warning, once you hit the [OK] button you will be taken to the map. On the up side, activating voice recognition and saying "I drank the electrolyte" activates the POIs for all hospitals within five miles and all morgues within ten miles.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer\";p=\"110466)</div>
    No, first we need grocery stores, then hospitals, and then morgues. Doesn't anyone read the owner's manual?!? :p

7. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    i always thought that screen should say "pay attention to your surroundings when you're driving, you idiot [ok]" instead of that nice "drive safely" thing.

because maybe someone will sue them for not advising that they watch the road.

maybe that's just the nissan xterra that cut me off 3 times in 2 minutes that needs that kind of warning.

8. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer\";p=\"110466)</div>
    LOL!