1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

toyota.com/hybrids

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Wiyosaya, Nov 1, 2006.

1. Wiyosaya

Wiyosaya Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    <rant>
    Well, like many other hybrid owners I'm sure, I got a postcard in the mail the other day advertising http://toyota.com/hybrids

IMHO, whoever designed that site using flash out to be forced to drive an Expidition for the rest of their lives. :D Flash for a web site? :blink: Come on! Or is it that the designer has no clue as to what design is? The sign-up screens are terrible, barely readable, and you can't edit your reasons? :rolleyes:

I should have figured that this was a marketing site. <_< I'm glad I used a spammotel address to register so I can delete the address when I start getting marketing e-mail that I did not sign up for. :p

It might be nice if there were actual forums there, or at least some place where you could communicate real opinions and ideas to Toyota, but that site seems to be all marketing and no substance.

TMS Toyota, where are you? My suggestion, fire the web site designer and put up a real site.
    </rant>

2. Presto

Presto Has his homepage set to PC

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    The site is okay, but it's execution is stupid. I was ready to close it on step 3 since it was taking so long to load. Most people are far more impatient and will close it a lot sooner. I can see what they were trying to pull off, but it could use some major tuning.

3. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I agree, Flash sites are the work of Satan. Also, it's WAY too slow..... I gave up after the "Reasons" screen (which is too bad, because I think I was finally about to get some content). They could have easily done the registration screen on one page with no Flash. Yeah, Prius owners obviously aren't afraid of technology, but we also appreciate simple, elegant things, too, which this site most definitely is not.

4. Wiyosaya

Wiyosaya Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Nov 2 2006, 12:40 AM) [snapback]342405[/snapback]</div>
    Trust me, you did not miss much. There is virtually nothing there outside of what is normally on the Toyota web site as it is.

Somehow, my reasons did not get recorded. Must be because I was too impatient for the flash web site.

The only reason potentially of value to Toyota, in terms of future marketing, that I saw was the "I don't have to plug it in" reason. I avoided that because, being what I consider to be "up" on high-tech auto solutions, I'd actually love to have a PHEV. I'd love even more to have a car based on something like EEStor's ultra capacitor designs, BUT there is no way to feed that back to Toyota on this web site.

Seriously (based on past experience with "big" companies and the way they market), I think that the site is only an "outgoing" marketing site, meaning that it is intended to disseminate Toyota information and take little in other than contact information.

The site claims it will have more content in the future, but if it remains flash based, I won't be spending much of my valuable and limited time there.

So much for the big hopes I had for the site.