1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota Congressional Hearing Thread

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by malorn, Feb 23, 2010.

1. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    The hearings are going incredibly bad for Toyota. Deceit and coverup. Not a good day for Toyota or unfortunately its dealers.

2. Radiant

Radiant New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

3. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Are you watching this?

4. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    The worst Toyota is STILL better than the best GM vehicle.

5. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    :D

6. a_gray_prius

a_gray_prius Rare Non-Old-Blowhard Priuschat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    No. Nobody watches C-SPAN.

7. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Its on CNBC, CNN, FOXNEWS, MSNBC, etc

8. Radiant

Radiant New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I've been dvring it for times whe I have insomnia, the problem is whenever the top...ic c..o..m...e..s ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

9. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Toyota is in deep, very deep.

10. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    How is any of this even the slightest bit constructive?

Regardless of legal/liability issues, it still doesn't relate to the purpose of Prius, hybrids, or any next step in automotive technology to improve emissions & efficiency.

I sure am glad I didn't waver from purpose when it hit the fan for GM. It was the same as prior to that, a constructive look at what still needed to be accomplished.

11. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I think Jim Lentz is doing a great job. I am sorry to hear about his brother 20 years ago.

He did confirm how ABC staged to attempt to show unintended acceleration, which also happen in competitor's vehicles.

12. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    ABC did not stage anything, a congressman with atoyota plant in his district insinuated abc did. toyota 'miraculously' recreated it in the middle of last night. so much for staging something.

13. DeadPhish

DeadPhish Senior Member

Outer Banks of NC.. Retired to play golf and poker
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well this will really get your GM engines running and set your jets ablaze. The last two weeks in sales have been far better than last year and 'normal' for this 'reduced-expectation' economy.

Oh...and we killed our Chevy store too, both in traffic and sales. It's amazing how often you're wrong on almost every subject you choose to post about herein. How did you learn to do this?

14. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I'm wrong about toyota sales? How about a little wager as to haow far down toyota retail sales are in February? toyota retail will be down at least 20% in February. I know of 'big' toyota stores(3-400/month with less than 50 delivered as ob COB Saturday.

15. vegasjetskier

vegasjetskier New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I just got my April issue of Consumer Reports with the list of Worst Cars, Year by Year. There are DOZENS of GM vehicles on the list, and only TWO Toyotas.

16. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Yes Toyota were able to reproduce it but found it was done by replacing the accelerator pedal and wiring to another device (not real world environment). This testing paradigm would cause unattended acceleration for Toyota as well as its competitors.

17. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Here comes Toyoda.....

18. DeadPhish

DeadPhish Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

Dumb statement and prop bet.

Duhhh...I said last two weeks. At the beginning of February there was still a STOP SALE in effect on the four key N American-made products. Of course sales are going to be down significantly for the month of February. Helloooo?

Here I'll light your hair on fire a little bit. Do you think Toyota might have 'scheduled' this brouhaha for the time period from Jan 15 to Feb 15 which just happens to be the worst selling period of the entire year. Lost sales in this period mean nothing.

Here I'll give you another match. Toyota 'scheduled' the snow storms and blizzards all over the Midwest and E Coast during this period so that every maker would lose sales and the effect of the STOP SALE wouldn't be so bad.

By President's Day Weekend all was back on line and sales are continuing as before. I have this on the utmost authority....:D, or it might just be serendipitous timing. One thing is certain here in this large market...our Toyota store outsold all the rest these last two weekends. Maybe we're just that good :D.

19. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    the damage is done and will continue to be done. toyota was struggling before the recall mess and this issue will only make the issues worse. I will predict right here right now that toyota will lose 2 points of market share this year. My caveats on that prediction is that Obama will not have another cash for clunkers and the gast stay under $3.30 a gallon.

You store must be that good, the toyost stores I have contact with are struggling almost to the point of being unbelivable.

20. DeadPhish

DeadPhish Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    We are that good. All of our stores are No 1 in their respective brands but ours is the biggest store of all brands within 200 miles.

Everyone was struggling during 2009, GM being the biggest struggler. In the long run which is all that matters here, life goes on and the mass of satisfied current owners will re-up in due course.

This will make the GM'ers pull their hair out. 'How can we be so much a part of the American experience and yet whole segments of the population ( red staters ) hate our guts for being saved along with the UAW by the Dems while whole other segments won't even set foot in our showrooms. Yet Toyota gets mud thrown all over them from every point on the compass and they still continue receiving positive comments?'

You'll love this one. Here's another match to set your hair on fire...ready?

From The Detroit News: http://www.detnews.com/article/20100224/AUTO01/2240357/1148/Michigan-Gov.-Granholm--supportive--of-embattled-Toyota#ixzz0gUomtdV4