1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota Dealer Satisfaction Index

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by twittel, Feb 14, 2011.

1. twittel

twittel Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I see so many posts that complain about Toyota service departments because of misguided information, wrong information, perceived or real lack of knowledge/understanding, poor workmanship and more. I'm certain we also have as many or more dealers whose service exceeds our expectations. I suspect Toyota's Customer Satisfaction surveys may deal with this, but PriusChatters don't have access to that information as far as I know.

I don't know how to set up and post a searchable database that could track/measure dealer service performance ratings based upon our posters' scoring. Maybe a simple scale of 1-5 where "1" is bad and "5" is excellent, and searchable by the dealer's name and city/state. I'm not talking about rating the new/used car sales part of the dealership, just the service, parts and bodyshop part of the business. I'm also not talking about rating dealers because they quoted too much money, unless it's for unnecessary repairs. This is just about a dealer's reliability to identify the problem, get the job done correctly, timely, without comebacks and arguing. With a rating system "sticky'd" in place, maybe we become more informed, have more service leverage and possibly someone at Toyota will listen!

I don't know how to do this. I'm not a strong Excel user and I don't know how to post indexes.

Is there an opportunity here to identify a dealer's service reputation and get the word around PriusChat?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    does toyota send out a satisfaction survey after service or only after purchase?

3. twittel

twittel Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I assumed only on the new car sales side, but it's suppose to include other dealer departments. I've never seen one from Toyota. When I was in the car business in the late 70's, these surveys were just coming into use by GM, Ford and Chrysler.

4. stefcat

stefcat New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Yes toyota does for both

5. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Yes, my dealer does for both. I find it interesting though that the one time that I had a bad service visit, they used 5W30 oil rather than the 0W20, I did not get a survey to fill out.

When I returned for the next visit, everything went fine and the service advisor was extremely nice and helpful. This time I received a survey asking me questions about my most recent visit. No where on the form to add comments about the previous visit :rolleyes: