1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota dealers in the Seattle Area

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by mavsfan5241, May 28, 2006.

1. mavsfan5241

mavsfan5241 New Member

I am looking to buy a Prius #4 with add on security system and leather seats, so I went in to Magic Toyota in Edmonds, Washingon today and it certainly wasn't a pleasant experience.

Before I went in, I called in to check whether or not they are selling at MSRP and they said YES, however after taking an hour drive to get there, all of a sudden on the price sheet they marked up $1000!! Not only am I not happy b/c I was told different stories on the phone vs. in person, I felt like they were trying to trick me into this deal by focusing on insignificant topics (as if they wish I would accidentally omit the mark-up price??). When I saw the extra $1000, I asked the salesperson what that was, and he just didn't directly answer my question, I had to repeat 3 times "So you guys ARE selling at above MSRP?" before he would be honest and say YES.

Anyways, just a really unpleasant experience and wanted people to be aware of this.

on the other hand, I read through the messages on this forum and saw that people were recommending Dwight Haughton at Bob Bridge Toyota in Renton. I called in and spoke with him and immediately paid $200 deposit through the phone. The transaction took 5 minutes and was as easy as it could get. He was very straightforward and clearly stated that there is absolutely no other goofy charges, and car would arrive in 6-8 weeks. Not to mention that their price for add on leather was $200 less than other Toyota dealers

I would HIGHLY recommend Dwight Haughton at bob Bridge! I'll post again when I get the car! cant wait!! B)

2. zzyzx

zzyzx Junior Member

I bought from Bob Bridge and I would gladly do so again. Good call with them.

Like you, I also rejected Magic for the $900 add on :)