1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota Debut's Prius GT Prototype

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by jkash, Aug 2, 2004.

1. jkash

jkash Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Toyota Debut's Prius GT Prototype at Goodwood Festival of Speed

Prius GT is First Hybrid at Annual Goodwood Event

In the setting of the Goodwood Festival of Speed, a Toyota Prius GT Concept was shown for the first time. (Photo: Toyota Canada)
    Thousands flock to green pastures and bales of hay to watch historic racing cars tear up Lord March's private tarmac in an attempt to set the fastest time. Everything from ex-championship Jaguar D-Type racers valued on the far side of £1.5m ($3.7m CAD), to ear-splittingly loud Porsches and svelte Aston Martins can be found here. Modern day rally and FIA GT racing cars also have a spot at the Festival of Speed, but amidst the roar of the racers was a car that could easily be deemed out of place by the numerous racing fanatics in the crowd; a Toyota Prius.

Read entire article by clicking this link.

Jeff

2. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    is that 3.7 MILLION dollars canadian??

ok anyway...

great article!!! i want one!!

As a final note, Toyota stated it was very pleased about the economy of the Prius GT racer. Despite the extra power, the GT actually maintained the same fuel economy rating as the stock Prius, providing that it was driven at normal speeds.

also like the paint job!

3. LeVautRien

LeVautRien Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yep, sure is million. Those cars with history always can pull in a good haul. I'd be really curious if the Prius was worth that much, though. :mrgreen:

4. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    well the Prius is priceless to me. but i doubt that Toyota would think its worth that much even in prototype mode. but you never know.

5. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

The price quoted was for the Jag and the Euro is at about 1.64 to the Canadian dollar. So I wish they were my banker and converting my account to Euro's!