1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota Entune 3.0 Official Thread (with How-To Videos)

Discussion in 'Knowledge Base Articles Discussion' started by Tideland Prius, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Updated on Oct 12, 2017 to include the Entune 3.0 How-To Videos from USA and Canada.

I wonder if it's part of the SDL (SmartDevice Link) partnership that Toyota announced at CES 2016.

If you read the Camry's press release, it has a few new tricks for Entune 3.0

The Dynamic Navigation System could finally be the one we have been waiting for - up-to-date maps. Now it doesn't say what the cost is.

But Entune 3.0 brings "Remote Connect" and optional "Service Connect" and "WiFi Connect" (See quote above).

Below are Canadian and US videos.

USA
    • Overview
    • Understanding App Suite Connect
    • How to Customize Entune
    • How to Pair Bluetooth
    • Voice Recognition
    • Destination Assist Connect
    • Understanding Remote Connect
    • Understanding WiFi Connect
    • Understanding Safety Connect

Canada (le français suit)

• Overview
    • Quick Start
    • Scout GPS Link Part 1
    • Scout GPS Link Part 2
    • Destination Assist Connect
    • Automatic Collision Notification
    • Stolen Vehicle Locator
    • Enhanced Roadside Assistance
    • Yelp
    • Slacker Radio
    • NPR One
    • Weather
    • Traffic Incidents
    • Fuel
    • Sports
    • Stocks

French/français
    • Survol
    • Démarrge rapide
    • Scout GPS Link Partie 1
    • Scout GPS Link Partie 2
    • L'assistance destination
    • Notification automatique de collision
    • Localisation de véhicule volé
    • Assistance routière améliorée
    • Yelp
    • Radio Slacker
    • NPR One
    • Météo
    • Incidents de la circulation
    • Carburant
    • Sports
    • Bourse

Entune How-To:

Voice Commands List

#1 Tideland Prius, Jan 10, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
    Lightning Racer likes this.
  2. Gokhan

Gokhan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Nothing will help with the fact Toyota is the only major car company in the world that is refusing to transition to Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.

abensky and bisco like this.
  3. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Entune 3.0 NAIAS script

2017 NAIAS - Toyota Entune 3.0 | Toyota USA Newsroom

Relating to Dynamic Navigation

pilotgrrl likes this.
  4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    :coffee: does anyone believe toyota when it comes to infotainment?

5. ArcPrime

ArcPrime Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I hardly use entune apps, I can find all the stuffs on my iPhone. I like to see remote charge data however it won't support my Premium trim. What improvement does 3.0 have over the entune? Is it only support 2018 Camry?

6. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Entune 3.0 appears to bring more connected services to the vehicle.

• Service Connect
    • Remote Connect (Entune Remote)
    • WiFi Connect
    • Dynamic Navigation
    • Dynamic Voice Recognition (basically the same technology as newer smartphones equipped with Siri/Google Assistant/Cortana)

Just like previous updates, vehicles will probably be able to update to Entune 3.0 software but you might need the hardware in order to take advantage of the new features.

Entune 3.0 will bring a few Lexus features over. Destination Assist is one of them - Simply press "Destination Assist" in the the navigation's DEST screen and you'll be connected to a live operator (I assume via Safety Connect). They can send destinations to your nav. (Similar to OnStar)

"Service Connect provides regular vehicle health reports and allows for remote diagnostics of vehicle issues. In the event of an issue reports are pushed to the owner as well as to their preferred Toyota dealer. This allows for faster diagnostics, early parts ordering and peace of mind for our owners. "

Entune Remote is "a mobile device app that allows the vehicle owner to remotely start and stop the engine, lock and unlock the doors and set alert parameters for guest drivers to make sure they’re not speeding or driving where you don’t want them to [...] The Entune remote also allows you to monitor the vehicle’s status and even gives you alerts on your phone or computer if you left a door or window open"

WiFi Connect is basically 4G LTE internet connection in the vehicle - allows for up to 5 devices to be paired

Dynamic Navigation (top level navigation systems) will download a 4 sq. mi. area with the latest maps and overlay it on your screen.
    "For properly equipped 2018 Camrys, Dynamic NAV will have the Toyota Smart Center analyze a four square mile grid around the vehicle. Any roads, or points of interest that are on the database in the Smart Center, but not in the onboard map will automatically be displayed on the head unit.

Dynamic NAV overlays the new road as you drive. And when you set a destination, the system verifies and updates the roads and POIs at your departure point, at your destination, and along your route so you can be sure to have the most up-to-date directions."

"Dynamic VR processes voice commands offboard in the TSC in tandem with the onboard system. This allows us to verify the words spoken in a larger, more powerful database, so we can reduce system misrecognition and provide more accurate responses to voice initiated requests."

Again, you can find it all in post #3.

Spindifferent and ArcPrime like this.
  7. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Canadian Entune videos added in first post.

8. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    More how-to videos added

9. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I don't think Tesla has it and they are pretty major. Toyota is not the only one.

RCO likes this.
  10. RCO

RCO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Not in volume sales.

11. abensky

abensky Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Entune will never keep up with improvements and level of integration across apps that is already in our phones. Toyota is doing a serious disservice to customers by not providing better phone integration via Android Auto of Apple Carplay. Perhaps a petition with tens of thousands of responses would get their attention?

I find setting destination in the Entune navigation app to be a tedious and difficult experience. Almost all my destinations are already in my phone pulled from contacts or calendar events making them very easy to pull up from the maps app. This is the level of integration that is needed to make Entune really easy to use. It's really upsetting that I have this huge screen on my brand new Prius Prime and can't even use it to show me what's already working on my phone.

I need an Entune App for Android Auto, Please!

12. RCO

RCO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Read a post from someone on here earlier, but my app crashed and I can't find him now however he posted this and it might be what you're looking for.

Android 4.4 5.1 GPS Navigation Box for Toyota Prius 2016 4th Gen video interface WiFi Waze Youtube Pioneer Unit-in Vehicle GPS from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

13. abensky

abensky Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Thanks. that *may* work, but it's hard to tell. It also seems like this is a whole new android device and does not interact with the phone. Not clear if it has cellular access, and even if it can would require adding it to the plan. It's also a bit invasive to shove this big unit into a brand new car. Not an ideal solution but worth investigating.

So frustrating that Toyota doesn't provide a better solution in this day and age.

RCO likes this.
  14. SAronian

SAronian Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Apple CarPlay Models

Attached Files: