1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota extended warranty, change of terms?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Philmo, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Philmo

Philmo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Back when I originally bought my Pruis, Dec 06, I inquired about the extended warranty, specifically whether or not it is transferable. They said it isn't so I forgot about it. (The transferable Honda warranty was a key factor in being able to sell my Civic to get the Pruis.)

Today, after getting an e-mail from my dealer regarding an extended warranty —they know I'm at 32k and are fishing—I called to ask again about transferability. To my surprise they said yes, it is. Can anybody else corroborate? Is this the case with the PruisChat contact for the discounted warranty?

As stated, I'm at 32k miles at 23 months so I'm now inclined to get a warranty though also interested in the 2010 redesign. Yes, I'll be out of warranty for a short period until I buy the new Pruis but selling my current car might be easier.

Or, when gas goes back up, it simply won't matter as the used market will be robust with folks looking used that can't afford the newer model?

thanks...

2. paprius4030

paprius4030 My first Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    As far as i know it was ALWAYS transferrable but only to another private owner, if you trade it in you can cancel and get a prorated amount back. You should always deal with Troy here at Priuschat for warranty info. You get the right answer and the right price!