1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota Extended Warranty ?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by bimmrr, Jan 4, 2014.

1. bimmrr

bimmrr Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hey all,
    My 2011 is rapidly approaching the 36,000 mile cut off to purchase the Toyota Extended Warranty.
    What do you all think about them and who is best source/dealer to buy one from ? I will probably keep this Prius for at least another three years and figure will hit about 75-80K miles total by then.
    Thanks,
    Mike

2. VicVinegar

VicVinegar Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I believe the "typical" Prius won't see much in repairs in that time frame. Ultimately it is a piece of mind thing.

Is spending the money and possibly never using it worth the feeling of knowing you are covered (unless it isn't) when something goes wrong. That really is the question.

3. jlim888

jlim888 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two

Mike, there are 2 dealers offering Toyota Extended Warranty on Priuschat at deep discount. They couldn't actively solicit for your business, but you could contact them. Search "Jerry Johnson" or "Troy Dietrich".

I bought my Prius in Oct 2011, so I will be facing the same issue of whether to get extended warranty, later this year.

Bullet Salvador likes this.
  4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    your hybrids will be covered by the standard warranty. i think the transaxle is the only expensive item under 3/36, but they are pretty rugged. put the money in a mutual fund and use it if needed, otherwise, it can help with your next purchase.

retired4999 likes this.
  5. retired4999

retired4999 Prius driver since 2005

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    +1