1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota Financial Services - Which credit bureau do they use?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by swich2mac, Jul 13, 2009.

1. swich2mac

swich2mac Go Hard or Go Home!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Title says it all. For those of you who recently financed with TFS, can you tell me which of the 3 credit bureaus they use to determine your interest rate? Thanks!

Scott

2. jay_man2

jay_man2 jay_man_also

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    TFS has consistently checked Equifax whenever I've let them pull a report, and as recently as last month.

3. swich2mac

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I was afraid of that. My equifax score is MUCH lower than my Experian and TransUnion scores. The later two are within 1 point but Equifax is killing me.

4. Zythryn

Zythryn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    You may want to check and see if you can find a reason for the large difference.
    It may be that Equifax has an erroneous entry affecting your score with them.

5. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I leased through TFS and they used Experian.

6. 1SMUGLEX

1SMUGLEX I love the smug!

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It depends on what the finance manager can do for you. They usually pull EQ but they will pull all your scores. You also have an adjusted "auto score".

You see a good finance manager doesn't just see the damn score pop up in the system and say yes/no. THey should look deep to see trends, ratios etc.

For example, lets say you have a low 600 score and you are/have been late with a credit card or two BUT BUT BUT you have NEVER missed a car note in 5 years or so. Well this tells the story that you take your car payments VERY SERIOUSLY and will pay on time even if your score is low and for whatever reason you pay your other bills late.

Good luck.

7. swich2mac

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

Thanks! I'm not too concerned as my lowest score is 700 while my other two are 725. With the "Auto FICO" added in, my score should be even higher as I have never been late on any previous auto loans. Thanks for chiming in on this thread!

Scott