1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota Financing Question

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by toade, Apr 22, 2007.

1. toade

toade New Member

My wife and I are looking to buy a new Prius. I see now that last month was probably the best time ever to purchase one.

It seems like the prices havent changed, but the great financing options are now gone, and the tax benefit has decreased.

I was just curious as to how often Toyota has the 2.9% over 5, or the 0% options? Will it likely be awhile?

2. Darken

Darken Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(toade @ Apr 22 2007, 11:41 PM) [snapback]428139[/snapback]</div>
    Yes last month was a great time to purchase a prius but you still have plenty of time to get one at a rate you can live with and before the last tax credit ends. The most recent interest rate savings from TFS went unadvertised in my area, I actually first found out about them from reading these very boards.

First off I have no doubt they will run the program again, probably sooner rather then later.

Second, depending on your dealer you can probably negotiate the percentage...I'm not saying down to zero percent mind you, but a good rate is still to be had if your dealer does enough volume with TFS. Believe me I've done it on my last two vehicle purchases.

I recently heard the Toyota has added some discounts on certain Prius packages starting right now...so there is a chance to save $ that way as opposed to the % rate.

Good luck and stick to your guns, in the end you will get the vehicle you want at the price and percentage you want.

3. acheslow

acheslow New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  4. htnguyenjd

htnguyenjd New Member

I would suggest contacting TFS and get pre-approved for the Prius purchase. That way, you don't have to deal with the financing manager trying to "mark up" the loan.

Cogito

5. akamai123

akamai123 Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CogitoErgoLaborLapsus @ Apr 23 2007, 02:40 PM) [snapback]428552[/snapback]</div>
    I tried just that after reading this. TFS approved in 5 minutes online, but they would'nt give me a interest rate. Unless there is a ppromotion that specifically says 2.9% or whatever you're not getting much info by pre-approval.

6. Darken

Darken Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CogitoErgoLaborLapsus @ Apr 23 2007, 03:40 PM) [snapback]428552[/snapback]</div>
    Depending on the dealer this won't happen. Larger volume dealers can actually bring the rate down as part of the negotiation on the price of the vehicle. If you can't get them to budge on the price of the car, start acting like your all about the monthly payment and the right sales manager can bring the rate down to a level you can live with, to get your payment where you wanted.

Otherwise if there are no promotions going on your 'rate' is based on tier level (depends on your credit score). Tier 1 gets you the best (usually 5-7%) where Tier 3 gets you double digits.