1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota GB launch Prius 10th Anniversary Model

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Wooski, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Wooski

Wooski New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Toyota GB have launched the Prius 10th Anniversary Model:

PRIUS GENERATION X

More pictures are available on Flickr:

[ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/toyotauk/sets/72157625078644191/"]Prius 10th Anniversary special edition - a set on Flickr[/ame]

PRIUS GENERATION “Xâ€
    Special edition model celebrates Toyota hybrid’s first 10 years

KEY POINTS
    • Toyota marks 10 years of Prius in the UK with Prius 10th Anniversary special edition model
    • Special features include body kit, 17-inch multi-spoke alloys, rear privacy glass and embossed black leather upholstery
    • Production limited to 1,000 examples
    • Available to order now, price £26,150*
    Your eyes don’t deceive you: Prius has turned street-sharp with front, rear and side skirts, 17-inch smoked-finish alloys and dark-tinted privacy glass. The new look belongs to a special edition model that celebrates the world-beating hybrid’s first 10 years in the UK.

And don’t assume that dressing up Prius for this landmark occasion compromises its peerless environmental performance. The new Prius 10th Anniversary is every bit as fuel-frugal and tax-friendly as its more sober-suited stablemates, with 70.6mpg and 92g/km combined cycle consumption and CO2 emissions.
    Prius’s birthday makeover extends to the car’s interior, too, with high-quality black leather upholstery, embossed with the 10th anniversary logo.
    In other respects, Prius 10th Anniversary shares the same equipment specification as the top-of-the-range T Spirit model, so comes equipped with HDD satellite navigation (with integrated sound library), rear parking monitor, Bluetooth, Intelligent Park Assist, cruise control, smart entry and start, rain-sensing wipers and head-up display.
    Only 1,000 examples are to be built, making this the most exclusive production Prius yet. White Pearl or Astral Black exterior paint finishes are available, and the on-the-road price is £26,150*, Orders are being taken now, with first deliveries to customers this winter.
    *Price inclusive of VAT at 20 per cent

2. thbjr

thbjr Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    26,150.00 GBP=41,680.98 USD
    Just a bit pricey for me, but hey, that includes VAT (sales tax for us in the US). I wonder if it's a Prius V, with the 17" wheels?

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    plus a bodykit, dark tinted windows and black leather w/ contrast stitching among other things.

Their Prius runs from £17-22k so it's about £4,000 more... which is a bit pricey even compared to their standard models.

4. Wooski

Wooski New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It's worth remembering here that when the G3 Prius launched in the UK VAT was 15%. It went up to 17.5% in January 2010 and goes up to 20% in January 2011. This price is the 2011 price as none of these cars will be delivered to customers till next year so the VAT rate is 20%.

5. mainemanx

mainemanx Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
  6. Lutchenko

Lutchenko Will Perrin

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    I only just noticed this thread. The lack of responses make me wonder if the fact that I've had two 10th anniversary Prius makes me a member of a special club lol

My first one, a company car

[​IMG]

I left that job and hence the car but liked it so much I bought this one.

[​IMG]

7. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Nice! We didn't get any special editions in Canada.