1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota Genuine AT Fluids

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by dinger_greg, Feb 1, 2011.

1. dinger_greg

dinger_greg New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Does anyone know where to purchase Toyota ATF WS and long-life coolant besides the dealership? Any website recommendations that sell these products for less than what the dealer charges?

Thanks!:)

2. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Re: Toyota genuine fluids

I suspect that Toyota dealers and Toyota parts outlets are the only ones that have those items. I bought ATF-WS from the local dealer when I changed my transaxle fluid last summer. It was $7.78 a quart, I thought that was a pretty good price for synthetic transmission fluid?

You should not use anything but ATF-WS in the transaxle but as far as antifreeze goes I looked at the owners manual and I think you could use any brand as long as it meets the requirements that are stated. I think Prestone, Peak, and others make antifreeze that will work fine in either Prius cooling system.

3. dinger_greg

dinger_greg New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Re: Toyota genuine fluids

Looks like I am just going to go to the dealer to purchase the fluids. I was hoping to find somewhere online that sold the fluids at a discounted price, but have had no luck besides ebay. The prices listed on Ebay where similar to what the dealer charges anyways. Thanks for your input

4. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Considering the infrequency of transmission fluid changes, and the fact that is specialized fluid, why bother looking elsewhere? How much do you expect to save, after all the run-around, and maybe shipping charges?

FWIW, Honda CVT fluid is $15~20CAN per US quart.

1 person likes this.