1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota has had no talks with GM:

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ServoScanMan, Jul 18, 2006.

1. ServoScanMan

ServoScanMan Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The following snippit if from this link --> http://finance.myway.com/ht/nw/bus/2006071...-wbt005655.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Toyota has had no talks with GM: executive

Tuesday July 18, 3:22 PM EDT

By John Crawley

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Toyota North American President Jim Press said on Tuesday that Toyota Motor Corp. is always open to alliances, but has had no talks with General Motors Corp. (GM) about expanding ties.

Press also said that any three-way alliance among GM, Renault SA and Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. would make Toyota a stronger competitor....

...Toyota itself is always open to new alliances, but has had no discussions with any of the struggling Detroit automakers, he said...

When asked about the potential for a GM-Nissan alliance, Press declined to comment, adding he had not spoken with GM about its existing alliance with Toyota. The two companies jointly operate a manufacturing plant in California.

"If anything happens, it will strengthen the industry. If they get stronger, the competitive pressure will make us stronger," Press said....

...Press also said Toyota is pursuing a plug-in electric hybrid vehicle that is capable of traveling greater distances without using its gasoline engine. Those vehicles are in the experimental stage.

Toyota hybrids sold in America have saved more than 155 million gallons of gasoline, enough to fill five tanker ships, he added.

©2005 Reuters Limited.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    So I guess the rumors about Toyota talking to GM is just that....rumors.
    I didn't cut and paste the whole article because I'm not sure about the copywrite laws or how this website perceives such actions.