1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota heads to Washington...with their lobbyists and lawyers

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by hockeydad, Feb 22, 2010.

1. hockeydad

hockeydad New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Should be good viewing:

I've met Senator Rockefeller on two occasions. He's a good guy, fair guy...and a SHARP guy. He's heading one of the committees investigating Toyota.

washingtonpost.com

"More than 40 percent of the 125 members of Congress serving on the three committees investigating Toyota have received campaign donations over the past 10 years, a total of $135,673 from the Toyota dealers' PAC, from dealership owners and employees, and from staff at Toyota's U.S. operation, a Washington Post analysis shows. Members of Congress received an additional $1 million for their campaigns through giving to state parties and PACs."

By the way, does anybody know who owns/sponsors/contributes funding to the Prius Chat web site? Just wondering.

2. hitechboy

hitechboy New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It was Ford this morning (Banner Ad). But there are also a large number of Toyota salesmen and saleswomen activity doing some balancing acts on the forum. I am sure you meet some of them on your other post. :D

3. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The companies on the banner ads. Watch and make a list.

Tom