1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota, Honda, Nissan and more collaborating to increase fuel efficiency

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by cwerdna, May 25, 2014.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Toyota, Honda, Nissan and more collaborating to increase fuel efficiency - Autoblog
    That's pretty small to me... $20 million project w/half coming from 8 automakers? That seems like virtually pocket change for the bigger players, esp. Toyota.

hlunde likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    agreed. doesn't seem right. i wonder if there is a mistake, or that's just to get it started?

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i wonder what the american car companies would agree to collaborate on? of course, they would probably be sued for collusion if they did, so never mind.

4. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    lol makes me laugh. They could increase their fuel economy by 40% by just adopting the same engines they have in Europe. And I don't just mean diesels. The smaller, turbo petrol engines give the same performance as larger petrol engines of less than a decade ago but with much higher mpg's. Honda are pulling most of the hybrid models here because they can't compete with their own diesel offerings!?! And yes these new diesels will be Euro 6 and thus match US diesel emission controls and be cleaner than petrols.