1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota HQ Customer Service for Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by 66corvette, Apr 22, 2016.

1. 66corvette

66corvette Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I have been in telephone contact with Toyota HQ customer service in three unsucessfull attemptS to determine a definite delivery date for several electronic parts needed to resolve a engine performance problem with my 2010 Prius. I have been trying to get a answer now for 8 days as to when required parts can be delivered to my localToyota dealership and all I get is the runaround. I am just about ready to elevate to senior management in Toyota HQ. Has anyone experienced a similar problem

2. BZzap!

BZzap! Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Let the dealer handle it! I'll tell you straight up that circumventing the parts department at the dealership is sure way to get your parts later than sooner. Be patient. The parts have probably been special ordered from Japan.

3. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Japan suffered a severe earthquake recently.
    So obtaining this information...and/or your parts might be a difficult task.
    I wouldn't bother escalating you query in light of recent events.
    It would be like calling The President of The United States to complain about needing a new stop sign on your corner.
    Given the recent disaster in Japan, I'm guessing all parts shipments are on questionable time lines.

I have to agree that as frustrating as it is, your best approach might be some Zen like patience, and my queries might start and end with the dealership.

4. Kenny94945

Kenny94945 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    I agree with "working" with your dealer parts department.
    If HQ contacts the dealer over this issue...the dealer may not like that.

You may have one option once the dealer finds the part....you pay (or negotiate) for air freight....to reduce your wait time.

FWIW, thinking outside the network, if you have the parts numbers you could contact internet dealers and Ebay to inquire if the sellers have the parts in hand/ on their shelf and again pay for the part and have it air freighted. Yes, again you should keep your dealer parts department informed of this plan so double parts are not received.

Good luck.