1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota Hybrid Fork Lift

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Frank Hudon, Apr 21, 2005.

1. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

My employer has just returned from the Dealer Principal annual meeting in Japan and told me he's seen it with his own eyes a Toyota forklift power train that is hybrid. Propane powered ICE and he's not sure what all the electric side has. I'm pumping him to get more info and when he does I'll post it.

2. Steve Zettel

Steve Zettel New Member

We have had one of these at work for some time now -- don't know if I'd call it a hybrid in the sense of an integrated single power system like the Prius, but it does have both a propane ICE and electric motor propulsion using large lead/acid batteries.

I'll take a picture if there's any interest, but I won't be back at work until after my wife gets done convelescing from knee-replacement surgery. I was planning on doing so anyway and using the picture as part of my personal information at the side of each post

Steve

3. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

I'd surely be interested in it. What make is it? Does it regen on deceleration? or does it just plug? Ie: force the output into the armature in reverse of the direction of rotation. You betcha! post those pictures.