1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota Hybrid-only Features

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Tideland Prius, Jun 1, 2006.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey,

so we all know the Camry Hybrid has blue tinted headlights. It doesn't show on the photos online but see one up close and you'll know what I mean.

The reason why I'm posting this here is because the Prius parked next to the Camry Hybrid also had blue-tinted headlights. Now we've seen owners photos here on PC and none of them had blue-tinted headlights so I went back into the showroom and had a look at the one in there. Now that one has been in the showroom for a while and it doesn't have a blue tint, just regular chrome like the rest of us. I was wondering if Toyota added that blue-tint midway through the 2006 model year for the Prius. IOW, all the owners so far won't have it but future ones taking delivery in June and onward will have it. It's really noticeable. Basically, anything that's chrome in the headlight compound has a blue tint. Take a look next time and tell me if I saw it correctly or whether my eyes were seeing blue after looking at the Camry Hybrid.

Oh, and ya.. the 06 seems to have firmer front seats.

2. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    nobody?

anyway, I checked out another Prius on another dealer's lot. Yes, it has blue tinted headlights.

3. mssmith95

mssmith95 Michael

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ Jun 4 2006, 10:20 PM) [snapback]265850[/snapback]</div>
    Haven't seen that yet. Did you actually walk up and touch it? I know that Toyota and others have started using a protective film over the headlights during shipping. This prevents them from being damaged on the truck. Often times they tint it blue so that it is obvious and they remember to remove it on the lot.

Those blue headlights are kinda freaky to me. They really stick out in a crowd.

4. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The whole thing isn't blue, just the "chrome" bits. The inner parts of the headlight system and of course the bulb is still white.

5. brandon

brandon Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Halogen lights will look different, as they emit light at a different color temperature (Kelvin).

6. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm not talking about the actual headlights, just the headlight compound. Sorry for the confusion.

7. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Just the chrome bits? I'm thinking it's protective film they haven't removed.

8. brandon

brandon Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Ah, I see. ... well, not really because I've not seen the change they made in the 2006. My 2005 looks like normal halogen headlights. I'll have to keep an eye out.

9. Prizzle

Prizzle New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brandon @ Jun 5 2006, 02:40 PM) [snapback]266099[/snapback]</div>
    I've seen a blue tinted headlight protector for Prius hawked on ebay. I've also seen a couple of cars around with the blue tinted protector-actually looked cool on those cars, in particular a new Mustang GT, dark silver with the fog lights in the grille covered with the blue tint. Striking actually.

Dune Messiah look?

10. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't know. The next time someone's at a dealer, please look out for it and double check! The reason I asked is that since the Camry Hybrid has blue-tinted headlight compounds, Toyota might've added that feature to the 06 Prius mid-way through the year, just like the HYBRID emblems that were added to the 06 Prius.

11. toyotablackbox

toyotablackbox New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ Jun 5 2006, 08:26 PM) [snapback]266418[/snapback]</div>
    You are correct! The 2006 Prius (all 2006 to my knowledge) have new hedlamps and taillamps, the taillamps are sans dark fogging on the upper LED portion and the headlamps feature a new turn signal seperator bar with pseudo-LED type plastic trim pieces and new BLUE tinted chrome bezels around the reflector housings. Think black pearl Lexus badges but in the headlamps (a la IS300 sport design headlamps) and intstead of dark gray the tint is a subtle blue. This is not the protective trim from the factory or colored bulbs! The chrome edging on the inside of the headlamp casing is now chrome blue instead of chrome silver. It looks hot!

[​IMG]

12. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes! Finally a confirmation! Thanks tbb. It looks more obvious in real life. I'm surprised no 06 owner mentioned it.