1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota Hybrid Synergy Drive

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Tideland Prius, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    To understand the success of Toyota's Hybrid Synergy Drive, you need to understand the company and the terminology the company uses. Hybrid for example is defined as the combination of two or more different things, aimed at achieving a particular objective. In this case it is two distinct methods of propulsion for an automobile aimed at reducing fuel consumption without reducing practicality. Another important definition is integration, which in this case is "data from one device or software to be read or manipulated by another, resulting in ease of use". The last major definition is Synergy which in its simplest terms means the whole is greater than the sum of the parts.

Full Article

2. zenMachine

zenMachine Just another Onionhead

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    "three modes of operation" ??

only three modes?

3. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Around a month ago I sat in a 2009 HiHy Limited in the showroom. It had the Econ and EV buttons. They keep bugging me to take one for a spin, maybe I should

4. hschuck

hschuck Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Re: "three modes of operation" ??

A reference to selectable (by button) modes of HSD operation on the 2010 Prius.

5. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two