1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota installed sirius receiver

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by J_w73, Oct 31, 2009.

1. J_w73

J_w73 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Just got my sirius installed by the Toyota Dealership.. well I got my car back and I still don't have sirius .. They did leave me a brand new dent in the roof of my car though....
    anyway.. The radio will now switch to SAT 1,2,3 and it shows 184 on all the presets.. Next to the SAT1 it says no signal. It shows the channel name for a second sometimes but goes to "no signal" after a few seconds.. Sound never plays out of the speakers..I thought this was an antenna issue but I found where they installed the receiver and unplugged the antenna. When it is unplugged "antenna" flashes were it said "no signal". I unplugged and plugged back in the fit kit wire and it will show "weather channel'on 184.. or on 255 it will show "sirius SID" or at 000 it says" go to 255".. but that only lasts a few seconds and goes back to "no signal"

any ideas what is going on.. is this a receiver issue or cable issue..??
    something is working as it shows the SAT 1,2,3 but no sound or anything on the 184 weather channels...

2. snead_c

snead_c Jam Ma's Car

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Radio has to be activated by Sirius...call their toll free number and respond to their request for the receiver id number, wait 10-20 minutes and all will be well.:)...if the subscription has been paid.

3. sandsw

sandsw Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Sorry to hear about the 'brand new dent in the roof of your car'.

Bummer, hope the radio works

Warwick

4. J_w73

J_w73 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    nope.. subscription is not the issue..
    I subscribed in the parking lot of the dealership once I knew something wasn't right..
    I have activated about 5 radios and it takes about 30 secs for the activation signal..
    even if you don't activate channel 184 is free weather so you can test the radio..
    when you put it on 000 or 255 it should also show the SID of the radio... I don't get that either..

And it has been a day and the radio still won't work.. so its not the subscription

5. J_w73

J_w73 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    just went out to move my car and I actually heard sound out of the SAT... channel 184 was playing weather but I still could only go to 184, 000, 209, and 255...the stations actually showed their titles though...
    The sound then went out after 30 seconds or so and no signal appeared on the screen..