1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota Introduces March Deals on Prius, other models

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Danny, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Toyota has announced some sales specials that will run from March 2nd through April 5th, 2010. The Prius is included in 2 of the 3 promos, though no special cash back incentives are a part of the deals. Highlights of the program for the Prius include: • Low lease rates on 2010 Avalon, Camry, Corolla, Highlander, Matrix, Prius, RAV4, Tundra and Venza, for qualifying buyers. Examples include a Corolla lease for $179 a month and a Camry lease for $199 a month, although offers may vary regionally. • Complimentary two-year premium maintenance program for customers who purchase or lease a new vehicle and provide proof of a Toyota, Lexus or Scion vehicle already registered in household, with applicable conditions. Other Toyota models also receive 0% financing for up to 60 months, but the Prius is not included in that promotion. The March Sales Event will be pushed with TV ads, mostly featuring the 0% APR offer. Looks like a good time to lease a Prius or add a 2nd Toyota to your garage! Full press release from Toyota: Toyota Announces March Sales Event TORRANCE, Calif., March 2, 2010 – Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc. today announced plans to launch the company’s most far-reaching sales program in its history. Starting today, through April 5, 2010, the national marketing program includes financing, leasing and customer loyalty offers. Highlights of the program include: • 0% APR financing for up to 60 months on 2010 Avalon, Camry, Corolla, Highlander, Matrix, RAV4, Tundra and Yaris, for qualifying buyers. • Low lease rates on 2010 Avalon, Camry, Corolla, Highlander, Matrix, Prius, RAV4, Tundra and Venza, for qualifying buyers. Examples include a Corolla lease for $179 a month and a Camry lease for $199 a month, although offers may vary regionally. • Complimentary two-year premium maintenance program for customers who purchase or lease a new vehicle and provide proof of a Toyota, Lexus or Scion vehicle already registered in household, with applicable conditions. “We launched this program to expand the focus on our customers, and thank them for their loyalty by adding value to our products,” said Bob Carter, group vice president and general manager of Toyota Division for Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc. “We are standing behind our customers and our vehicles. It’s a great time to buy a Toyota.” The marketing program will be supported by a television ad campaign from Toyota’s advertising agencies Saatchi & Saatchi and Conill LA. The March Sales Event television ads will begin airing on March 2, and will highlight the special 0% financing for 60 months offer. In addition, the ads will feature discussions with customers who recently purchased Toyota vehicles and reflect their feedback. Other commercials feature Toyota dealership associates, including salespeople, customer service representatives, technicians and others, thanking customers for their support and loyalty to Toyota.

2. creativeguy

creativeguy Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    2 years of free maintenance for new buyers??? What is Toyota doing for the EXISTING buyers who actually have to deal with the hassles of the recall? Doesn't seem right that I have to buy ANOTHER Toyota in order to be compensated for the defective one I currently own.

1 person likes this.
  3. apriusfan

apriusfan New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    The defective one you already own is yesterday's news. Toyota wants to sell you another car. If you sign up for a new car, they will be your friend.

4. creativeguy

creativeguy Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    That's what I figured... just like my cell phone company, cable provider, etc.

5. Prius101

Prius101 Paid off Prius Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    But it looks like you can only get the two years of maintenance free if you already own a Toyota, Lexus, or Scion...... so they seem to be trying to get current owners to buy another car? :confused:

6. joe1347

joe1347 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Doesn't seem like much of a deal to pull in buyers.

7. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The 2 years free premium maintenance is just one aspect of the promotion. Others include 0% interest (but not on Prius) and low leasing rates. But yes, overall, the promotion is middling (and weak under the present circumstances).

8. Rybold

Rybold globally warmed member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Toyota has overstock on the Prius. Now that I work in San Diego (I live in Orange County), I drive the 5fwy from OC to SD every day. I see two 18-wheel trucks loaded with Priuses on their way down to SD EVERY day (the port is in Long Beach). Toyota has been shipping a large quantity of Priuses lately (based on my observations, anyhow). I'm assuming the inventory at dealers (at least in SD) has built up a lot (I should drive by a Toyota dealer down there on Monday, and see if the lot is full of Priuses. I'll do the same here in OC). This might explain the March promotion.

9. apriusfan

apriusfan New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    They sure don't do promotions when supply is tight. Remember when gas was north of $4.00/gallon in California? Prius cars were selling used at MSRP. Dealers were getting MSRP + $5,000 and customers were glad to pay the $5,000 mark-up. Once your car arrived, you had 24 hours to come in and pick it up. There weren't any promotions going on then.

10. apriusfan

apriusfan New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    It might pay to wait a month and let more cars pile up at dealers (or at the port in holding lots).

11. PriusSport

PriusSport senior member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    2 free years of maintenance? That amounted to a $20 tire rotation for me. I get free oil changes for life from the dealer--2 per year. I did pay for the yearly state emissions inspection, but that's cheap for a hybrid and probably wouldn't be covered by Toyota.

12. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    . . . . or, it could just be (based on increased February sales last month) you see Prius truck-loads entering SD county because they need last months depleted inventory replenished.

I must admit ... when some slacker at work gets a promotion, even though their output is one FOURTH below the next lowest slug on the productivity ladder ... I too get whine'y and bitchy, if/when someone treats others nicer than me. It's human nature. Hey, apart from 14th amendment/equal protection principals there's nothing illegal or immoral if a person wants to treat some folks nicer than others.

But you don't have to buy another Toyota if yours is broken. In fact many states have lemon laws, where (for example) if the dealer can't fix it in 3 tries ... you WILL get a shiny new one. I see by your avatar you are in CA ... so you're good to go. Or do you need even more of a remedy than that. (Warning: levity approaching) Well then? .... wait! There's more! I hear that the NEXT 0% loans, or 2yr free maintenance promo is for all of us whining crybabies, who got left out of February:

[​IMG]

Hey! I'm not proud . . . I'll take it!
    :p

13. Tech_Guy

Tech_Guy Class Clown

Silicon Valley, CA --- Land of Fruits & Nuts
    Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The only way to protect yourself from companies that refuse to treat all of their customers equally all the time is to never buy anything from anybody.

On the other hand, you NEVER get the deal you deserve, you get the deal you negotiate. Crying about how somebody else got a better deal is a waste of time.

Keith

14. Rybold

Rybold globally warmed member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Or, only buy things when you see an excellent promotion. Otherwise, you don't buy. :D
    (that's not me, but hey, I did buy my 2004 Corolla brand new just after the 2005s hit the lot. As a result, I paid BELOW normal invoice (Toyota rebate to dealers). :)

Once Toyota figures out how to fix their safety problems (the media may be overhyping Toyota's safety issues, but I'm the type of person that always skips the first edition of anything and waits until the bugs are worked out), and the Plug-In Prius hits dealer lots, I should be in the market for a new car.

15. apriusfan

apriusfan New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Ummm, you are a bit off the mark on lemon laws. All 50 states have a lemon law. They may call it by a different name, but each state adopted some form of protection for the consumer if a manufacturer is not able to fix a bonafide problem with the car after a reasonable number of attempts. Some states have a 3 failed repair attempt threshold, others have 4. The exception is for safety items. Those are subject to a 2 failed repair attempt threshold. The remedy for an owner that meets the threshold for seeking lemon law relief is usually a replacement car of similar specification or repurchase the defective car by the manufacturer. The repurchase price is the selling price of the car less allowance for fair use up to the point of the first failed repair attempt. Some states go further, with Michigan applying a penalty of 1x the original purchase price plus attorneys fees and interest. There was a recent award to a Michigan consumer of $480,000+ :eek:

California requires 4 failed repair attempts for a specific defect or 30 days cumulative time in the shop for all repairs. Safety items are subject to 2 failed repair attempts. There is also a requirement for the consumer to have sent a written communication to the manufacturer advising them of the failed repair and requesting the manufacturer to provide assistance in resolving the repair failure.

I know about California's Lemon Law because I have been down that path with a Lemon Law repurchase. The 'lemon' was a convertible with a leaking hardtop. 4 failed repair attempts plus a written notice after the first failed repair attempt, and a quick telephone call from my attorney to the manufacturer resulted in a repurchase agreement being faxed to me by the manufacturer. The manufacturer's check had cleared my bank account in less than 30 days after my attorney made the telephone call. The California Lemon Law does work if you meet the threshold to qualify for the relief.

16. socalfrank

socalfrank New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    The current promotion drew me in. I really didn't need a 4th car, but with the money factor so low on the lease deal, I figured now was the time to get in on it. Thanks to Dianne at Manhattan Beach Toyota (CA), she made me an amazing deal which made it worth driving to the coast from Palm Springs (yes, even better then the national ad).
    And I got the 2 years free maintenance as well.
    I guess the Range Rover is going to sit for a while.

17. Eoin

Eoin Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I resent the Prius being exempted from zero percent financing. This is simply unfair to Prius drivers.

18. apriusfan

apriusfan New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    The model year is still young. Be patient. You may see 0% financing in April. Especially if Prius sales start to tank. After the episode in San Diego, I would not be the least bit surprised to see Prius sales take a hit. The video of a Prius parked with a CHP cruiser parked in front of it to ensure it wasn't going anywhere tends to discourage people from wanting to go out and by a Prius.

19. Aegison

Aegison Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Re: HELP - Toyota Introduces March Deals on Prius, other models

Per this topic, in our region, Toyota has a special lease rate offer on the Prius. It's on almost every dealer's website.

The Prius II on a 3-year lease is $199/month with $1999 due at signing (36,000 miles). And plus the maintenance deal too. It's for current owners/lessees. So far, so good.

Here's the problem.

I read somewhere authoritative [but didn't bookmark where] that there is also a lease package on the Prius III, though not on the Prius IV or V.

No one, but no one, seems to know what the Toyota-special leasing cost is for the Prius III Toyota-sponsored lease, the counterpart to the $199 on the II.

Tried several dealers -- in 4 of 6 cases, the salesman I got on the phone didn't even know of the Prius II program -- though it's on their website.

I tried Toyota corporate today without getting to the Finance arm which customer service told me would know the numbers for my region (apparently not the same everywhere).

Does anyone know the details of the Prius III lease? Can anyone find out? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

20. UsedToLoveCars

UsedToLoveCars Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    A couple more alleged runaway prii, and I will be getting a 0% Prius with free floormats thrown in.

:cheer2: