1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota Launches All-out Sales Offensive for Hybrid

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Kiloran, Feb 8, 2006.

1. Kiloran

Kiloran New Member

2. Cosmo

Cosmo New Member

I kinda have a problem with this. I still haven't received the car I put on order, the new Camrys are coming out soon, does Toyota really have the capacity to fill orders for more vehicles then they anticipate? They expect to sell 60,000 units of the Hybrid Camry a year, on top of 100,000 Prius'. What happens if they have this all out advertisement blitz and orders increase by 40%? Will they be able to keep up with demand? They need to secure more batteries so that they can consistently put cars on the lot before they advertise what they may not actually have.

Peace,
    Cosmo

3. gschoen

gschoen Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I agree, it's frustrating when they market for additional business, when peoeple who already want them are waiting.

Shoudln't they meet current demand first, instead of making more frustrated customers?

4. ralphh

ralphh New Member

Ahhh, marketing. You forget Tickle Me Elmo and Cabbage Patch Kids?

5. VaPrius

VaPrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I wouldn't put too much stock into this article. It talks about "Toyota intends to bring the price of hybrids in line with that of ordinary cars by drastically pruning parts costs, prior to launching the sales offensive". Then goes on to say that they will do this "over the next three years". Also this first page says Toyota wants to sell 1 million hybrids by 2008, the drill down page says 2010.