1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota OEM Remote Start

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Eric Henley, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Eric Henley

Eric Henley Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hi --- just wondering if this is per design or something I can't figure out... 2010 Prius with factory remote start by Toyota.

To remote start engine double press lock key + 1 long press... engine starts

Now... weather I unlock doors with remote or use smart key access everytime the engine turns off... is this by design? Never seen a remote start where you have to start the car 2x... seems counter intuitive.

Any way around the engine turning off?

2. peterjmc

peterjmc Ping pong in Ding Dang...

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    No way around that feature.

You can only start the vehicle twice for 10 minutes each. Upon opening the door or unlocking the car, the remote start will turn off.

A few folks have looked into this and there is no work around for keeping the car running when opening the door. Even aftermarket systems cannot over ride this.

3. Eric Henley

Eric Henley Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Au contraie... I know for sure you can bypass this with aftermarket :)... Had it done on my old prius... There's an additional part needed to do this but works on all Lexus/Toyota with push start+proximity keys...

But good to know there's no way around it on factory... Thought I was going crazy here

4. peterjmc

peterjmc Ping pong in Ding Dang...

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    If you find any info on the way they override the Lexus push to start let us know!

*EDIT*
    I saw a thread on the topic, in clublexus.com I believe. One of the posters talked about using the iDataLink bypass kit instead of the Directed (Xpress, Viper, etc.) bypass kit. On Push to Start Lexus.