1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota of Glendale Promise free first 5k maintennance but...

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by jwarrenjg, Oct 29, 2009.

1. jwarrenjg

jwarrenjg New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    i felt like a little boy that has been trick w/ a lollipop when i purchse my car first of:

when i purchase the car the dealer told it's free 5k or first oil change maintennance but when i needed it and they told me it doesnt exist i called toyota and they said its not possible only way i can get the 5k for free is to attend a seminar??:eek:

how come? when i was debating of getting the car the salesperson used it as one of the promises and no way he mentioned about getting a 5k for free if i attend a seminar. am i the only person experiencing this from a dealer?:eek::eek:

so i called the dealer again and one of the salesperson said ok do the seminar at the same time we'll do the oil change then, i finally said ok but when i got there it's a whole different story again they told me i needed to finish the seminar then make an appointment for the free oil change (means i have to go back again) not to mention my 3rd trip to that dealer again so i have to argue with them to finally convince them about my trouble so they finally decide to give me the free oil change but i dont think it's a good way of treating a client.. i find it shady and very unprofessional.:mad:

p.s. oh forgot to mention after i called them and telling them that this guy who sold me the car said this.. they answer nope he's no longer with us. but, when i dealt w/ that guy the manager of that dealer was there and im pretty sure he know's what's going on.

2. eglmainz

eglmainz New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Yes, some salepeople will say anything to get a sale. I would suggest that you ask for anything in writing next time, or 'it did not happen'.

I did attend a new customer seminar, and was given a free oil change coupon (not your dealership, i am in IL) when I attended that seminar.

Next time, buyer beware.

3. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    The good news is that you need never use Toyota of Glendale ever again, you can have your oil changed anywhere. You need 0w-20 synthetic oil (Mobil One is popular) and a 2010 oil filter. (call ahead, if your local mechanic does not have any ask if you can buy your own and bring it with you. many vendors make them, not just Toyota) Keep your receipt and your warranty is fine.

4. cossie1600

cossie1600 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I had the same thing happened, that's why I always said dealerships are full of scumbags.

Still, get over it, it's a $60 oil change!