1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota plans compact electric car in 2012

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by rightwinger, Dec 5, 2010.

1. rightwinger

rightwinger New Member

Model:
    III
    Toyota plans compact electric car in 2012

Japan’s Toyota Motor Corp will start selling a compact electric car in Japan in 2012, Kyodo news agency reported on Thursday.The car will be competitor to Nissan Leaf and Chevrolet Volt.

A Toyota spokeswoman said the company would not comment on the report but said Toyota has said it will launch an electric vehicle in the United States by 2012.

Source:autoten

2. Rybold

Rybold globally warmed member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I think someone posted a thread within the past few weeks that Toyota announced it will be making an EV version of the iQ. Take a look at that thread if you can find it. This is great news that more manufacturers, and especially Toyota, are planning production EVs.

(by the way, welcome to Prius chat. I see that you listed your location as Earth. That's a good thing - we need to reduce pollution and environmental damage and save this beautiful planet.
    FYI: I didn't say "welcome to earth," because I just finished reading Stephen Hawking's A Brief History of Time, and he mentions that considering the distance of other stars and planets in other solar systems, the only way "aliens" could get this far would be to travel faster than the speed of light - and according to Einstein's equations and confirmation at Fermi Lab particle accelerator, it is not physically possible for anything to travel faster than the speed of light. So we're safe! )

You have a 2010 Prius on order? Awesome!