1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota plant churns out Prius to meet hot demand -- but plans to open US factory on hold

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by cwerdna, Jun 8, 2009.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  2. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Interesting:
    The production numbers are impressive. No one knows how long it will be sustained but in the 6 months remaining, they are looking at a minimum of 300,000 Prius in addition to what has already been built. They have a good chance of producing 1 million Prius by the end of next year.

So let's have some fun and ask the hybrid skeptics, How soon Toyota will go bankrupt with these numbers?

Bob Wilson

3. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just forwarded this to the major Australian newspapers. Why is the Australian car industry in the slow lane when hybrids are going by in the fast lane? Oh, that would be it, no one manufactures hybrids here even though GM-H developed a hybrid family car back in 2000 but never went into production.
    Holden unveils ECOmmodore, Australia's first `green' car  -  24/5/00
    The CSIRO are a government funded agency so my tax dollars went into this venture but nothing came out of it. It even had electric AC, an electric water pump and solar powered cooling fans! Sound familiar?