1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota Prepared Statements - Feb 24

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by bwilson4web, Feb 24, 2010.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    http://pressroom.toyota.com/pr/tms/...n_Oversight_and_Government_Reform_2-24-10.pdf

http://pressroom.toyota.com/pr/tms/..._and_Government_Reform_2-24-10.pdf?ncid=12036

Bob Wilson

2. kgall

kgall Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks, Bob. And here's the NYTimes take on it.

Toyota’s President to Take ‘Full Responsibility’
    By MICHELINE MAYNARD 12 minutes ago

WASHINGTON — In a prepared statement, Akio Toyoda assured lawmakers that the carmaker is moving to fix the problems and regain the trust of consumers.

3. bwilson4web

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    FYI, Mciheline Maynard was on C-SPAN Washington Journal this morning and I enjoyed watching her take on what is going on. She drives a 2009 Prius and IMHO, has been a fair reporter (i.e., an honest reporting of what is known.)

Bob Wilson

4. PriusLewis

PriusLewis Management Scientist

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Toyoda’s testimony:

Very humble. At least he is saying they will address systemic issues.

The American CEO’s testimony:

Arrogant. Totally ignores the possibility that the throttle pedal recall might not be the real issue. Seems to be saying “trust us – we know what we’re doing.†I believe this is at odds with the testimony of his boss.

So, we are still not seeing a very cohesive approach to the problem. It will be interesting to see how the Committee takes these testimonies, and how bad they try to beat up the executives.

5. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I have no problem with either mans statements. However Akio Toyoda's statements don't really offer much more tangibly than he has already stated was going to happen. He already outlined much of this with his statement about a week ago.

It's interesting to me that Toyoda is stressing listening and adopting the customer perspective. Well I'd say, Welcome to Prius Chat Mr. Toyoda, if you want the customer perspective on The Prius, it's here.

6. bwilson4web

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    When I was in the Marine Corps, I often had occasion to go on or off military bases. At some, the guards had side arms but no ammunition and others, they carried live ammunition in a magazine in their side arm. But you could tell instantly which ones had live ammunition ... they were the polite ones. The ones without ammunition had "attitude."

Bob Wilson

7. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Is this why Andy Griffith let Barney Fife carry one bullet in his shirt pocket?

8. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    LaHood is getting nailed for focusing too narrow on Toyota and not handling with class and respect.