1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota Prius 2001 X(reg) Break Problems

Discussion in 'Knowledge Base Articles Discussion' started by ImranPrius, Sep 28, 2011.

1. ImranPrius

ImranPrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi All,

I own a Toyota Prius 2001 (x Reg)

The problem:

The rear breaks are not working at all you have to put your foot on pedal fully before it even comes to an hault!

Also there is a very annoying alarm like sound when the car is switched on and running (I have been told it is a warning alarm)

I was told the car needs electric bleeding, I took the car to Toyota they said the ABS Acuator and the Master cylinder need replacing and quoted me a silly £3000, which exceeds the value off the car.

I got both parts myself and have replaced them both and still no luck, when electric bleeding is done this fails as the following errors still exist:

C1251 Pump Motor Locked

C1256 Accumulator Low Pressure

Can anyone kindly shed some light?

Sorry to the MODS in advance if I have posted in the wrong section.

2. seilerts

seilerts Battery Curmudgeon

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Yes, this should be in the Gen 1 forum, which is in a dusty, neglected corner of the Gen II Main forum.

Have all ABS motor relays and fuses been checked?

Bleeding the system is difficult and an uncommon job. Did you do this yourself or have someone at Toyota do it?

3. ImranPrius

ImranPrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    No ABS Motor Relays and fuses havent been checked, another garage did the electric bleeding for me.

Thanks