1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota Prius 2003 - Remote Programming (Unlock and Lock) - Help please.

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by Irshad, Oct 9, 2024 at 1:37 AM.

1. Irshad

Irshad New Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

I have a Toyota Prius 2003 (Included the vehicle details in the picture) and I have the original key that came with the car (Shown in the picture).

I have purchased a key and programmed it to the car by using the below instructions: (It starts the the engine).

Step 1.

This will program the fob to Start/stop engine while it is inserted into the key port.

1. Get into the car, close and unlock all doors and ensure the car is off
    2. Insert old fob (your fob that currently works) into slot and remove it 4 times in a row, and insert it a fifth time but leave it in there!
    1. Open and close driver door 6 times.
    2. Remove old fob from slot. Car is in fob programming mode at this point. Red anti-theft light remains on.
    3. Insert new fob and leave in the slot for a full minute.
    Watch the blinking red anti-theft light on the dashboard.

When it stops flashing and goes dark, your new fob is all set.

5. Remove the new fob and you're done with the START/ STOP portion of programming

——————————————————————

The issue that I’m having is I can’t get the remote part to work which unlock and locks the door.

Here are the instructions that I’m using:

2003 Toyota Prius Keyless Entry Remote Fob Smart Key
    Step by Step How to Programming Instructions:

1. Start with the key out of the ignition, drivers door is open all others closed and drivers door is unlocked.

2. Perform these steps within 5 seconds.
    A. Insert the key into the ignition(Do NOT Turn) Pull key out.
    B. Insert the key into the ignition(Do NOT Turn) Pull key out.

3. Perform these steps within 40 seconds.
    A. Close then open the drivers door.
    B. Close then open the drivers door.
    C. Insert the key into the ignition(Do NOT Turn) Pull key out.

4. Perform these steps within 40 seconds.
    A. Close then open the drivers door.
    B. Close then open the drivers door.
    C. Insert the key into ignition and leave it in ignition.
    D. Close the drivers door.
    E. Turn the ignition to ON (Do NOT Start) then back to OFF.
    F. Remove the key from the ignition.

5. Within 3 seconds, the power door locks should lock then unlock automatically indicating successful entry into programming mode. Return to step 1 if the locks do not cycle at this point.

6. Perform these steps within 40 seconds.
    A. Press the lock and unlock buttons on the remote simultaneously for 1.5 seconds.
    B. Immediately after letting go of the lock and unlock buttons, Press the lock button by itself and hold for 2 seconds. Within 3 seconds, the door locks should lock and then unlock once indicating successful programming. If the door locks cycle twice, repeat steps A and B in step 6 as the remote was not accepted.
    C. Repeat steps A and B in step 6 for each new remote.

7. Open drivers door.

——————————————————————

I get to Step 5, and the power door locks should lock and then unlock automatically, indicating successful entry into programming mode which it does (It cycle once - So when I pull the key out, it locks and then unlock) but then from step 6 is where it does nothing when pressing the unlock and lock button on the remote on the old remote (which is already programmed to the car as it’s the original) and the new one also does nothing.

I have checked and both fob are the same frequency - It was like 433.92.

if anything could please help with this part.

kind regards

245cee13-6e92-4e93-b0f3-1c3b26f8707a.jpeg IMG_2749.jpeg IMG_2777.jpeg