1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota Prius 2004 iPod and CD Changer at same time?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Omita, Feb 28, 2009.

1. Omita

Omita New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I got my SL2i-UP kit today and I am worried that it will disable my CD changer. I thought that I had a standard Stereo and no frills... but I am not guessing that it's CD changer... OR Mp3.

Also, does anyone have a video referral to opening up the dash? Or should I trust a company to install the kit? I am nervous abou taking my dash apart. :)

-h

2. rigormortis

rigormortis Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    i think the toyota ipod kit is considered a "satellite radio" so u should be able to use it
    at the same time as the cd changer. i don't think you have anything to worry about as far as disabling the cd changer. the 2004-2009 av lan can support 1 satellite radio and 2 cd changers. as far as taking the dash apart, i think u can cheat by just removing the right vent cover (right side of screen) and then you can access the back of the stereo there? never tried it myself, after that you just run the wire or hang in the glovebox

now if u have satellite radio (xm or sirius) that is where it gets a little messy and you can't install xm/siri at the same time as the toyota ipod cable

3. Omita

Omita New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    So a 2004 Prius can have CD, CD Changer 1, CD Changer 2? I was hoping todo MD emulation so I was hoping for "CD, CD Changer, MD Changer"...

Sadly I got pretty far along before I found out that the Vais SL2i-UP I purchased didn't work. :(

-H

Attached Files:

4. HybridBoy

HybridBoy New Member

WOW been there done that! I have the Ultimate Lock Pick from coastaletech and it works great in my 05 and my Mom's 04 Prius. One thing I would suggest is wrapping the LCD monitor unit in a towel before placing it on the dash, the sharp edges tend to scratch the heck out of the dash!

5. Omita

Omita New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I'm calling tech support on Monday when they are open.

6. Omita

Omita New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I never returned to this thread to let everyone know that the issue was a bad unit. After I got the new device it worked very nicely. Unfortunetly, after a couple iPhone updates you can't play Pandora on the iPhone without these little gaps in the song. It was sorta lame, but I am still very happy with the iPod support.